Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
That guy...
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... when will you be looking into getting an 26x8.5 tire that will live a bit longer than 9 passes?

Out West the PSCA has banned the Hoosier and WCHRA carries a 150# weight hit to run Hoosiers so it makes it hard to run anything other than the Mickey. That said, buying a new set of tires each test session and then each race is getting cost prohibitive.

I've talked to our reps and some folks at corporate, the general feel I get seems to be that (1) we're making up the "only get 9 hits per set" (2) rotate the tires and double to triple the life and (3) 8.5 isn't that big. I hope this isn't the case because 1 and 2 are wrong and with 20 cars at our last WCHRA 8.5 race, I certainly hope 3 is trending wrong. While there's been hints for months now, I have yet to see anything and looking at the 28x10.5S and the new 275x, I know you guys know how to make a good tire.

Help us out West and get us a tire that will work as well and last as long as the Hoosier - you'll sell them, trust me.

It's getting lonely on here and I don't know how long I'll be able to stay on the front page.

/RANT

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
DJ.

Thank you for your input. I will say this - there may be some hope on the horizon. I'm not at liberty to say more than that. I will say, we will come out with something when we have proven it's performance is better (ie: 28.0/10.5-15S and the ET Street Radial Pro).

Thanks again,

Jason Moulton

·
That guy...
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DJ.

Thank you for your input. I will say this - there may be some hope on the horizon. I'm not at liberty to say more than that. I will say, we will come out with something when we have proven it's performance is better (ie: 28.0/10.5-15S and the ET Street Radial Pro).

Thanks again,

Jason Moulton
Thanks Jason.

When you have a set of "something's" I wouldn't mind testing them out here under our track conditions. As I'm sure you guys know, what works in the East, don't really work in the West.

That said, I bet I could get your current tire into the 0's and maybe even quicker but I don't have the budget to buy 20 sets trying it.

·
SB2.2 + pt106
1,928 Posts
DJ.

Thanks again,

Jason Moulton
Can I test this prototype.........

PM ME :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts