Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FINALIZED: MICKEY THOMPSON TIRES has come aboard as Shakedown @ Etown Sponsor. Mickey Thompson will also have their support trailer at the Shakedown race on Oct 4th & 5th. Get great deals and mounting/balancing on site at the race.

Mickey Thompson tires coming aboard will allow us to increase out payouts in all classes. In addition to supporting the race Mickey Thompson will also give away a new set of tires to all class winners. To be eligible for FREE TIRE giveaway winners must have M.T. decals on winning car.

....a big thank you to Carl, Tommy and the whole Mickey Thompson organzation! :supz::supz::party:party:smt055:smt055:-Rock

·
YB Monster Crew
9,107 Posts
Very nice...

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
good to hear... 2008 is shaping up to be THE year of drag racing!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
awesome:p

·
Vendor
6,455 Posts
I was on the phone with Carl a couple of hours ago and he asked if we were going and he mentioned that they would be there. Good job Dave and thanks M/T!!!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
tires

Dave how about getting a fan from the stands to pic a number out of a hat for each class and give the tires to that qualifying position for that class.
A little fan involvement and something that everyone has a chance to win that qualified to race. I think it sucks that everything always goes to the winner. It takes a group of cars to have a race and they all try. Lets face it a free set of tires to the 12th place guy will make a big difference versus the winner which may get tires or many other things for free or for a very good deal already. Make it a little raffle with fans involved. Spead the wealth if you qualified your in the raffle.

Bob Kasper

·
Registered
418 Posts
attn david hance

DAVE IF i come can we offer a couple hundred dollars for the most coordinated person to beat us with the funnel and the quarter tc

·
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave how about getting a fan from the stands to pic a number out of a hat for each class and give the tires to that qualifying position for that class.
A little fan involvement and something that everyone has a chance to win that qualified to race. I think it sucks that everything always goes to the winner. It takes a group of cars to have a race and they all try. Lets face it a free set of tires to the 12th place guy will make a big difference versus the winner which may get tires or many other things for free or for a very good deal already. Make it a little raffle with fans involved. Spead the wealth if you qualified your in the raffle.

Bob Kasper
Bob,

very good idea. I'll mention it to Carl...it will be M.T.'s decision. we are just sooo happy to have such a great company involved with our event. hope to see you soon.

·
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DAVE IF i come can we offer a couple hundred dollars for the most coordinated person to beat us with the funnel and the quarter tc

Tony,

hearing you talk about the "funnel" trick has brought a big smile to my face :):):) ...those were some funny times, huh?

and what the freak do you mean "IF" you come to Shakedown????? this will be the 6th annual Shakedown...its time you got your a$$ up North for one of the biggest races ever (we hope). Get a cheap flight and come hang out with us...

·
The Bullet Killer
36,720 Posts
what is this shakedown thing? I think im going after a BIG sponser..... we will see if i have any power...

·
Pro Mod Professor
6,846 Posts
Is the Karl your talking about my dad because I know he was on the computer for a couple hours getting a few sponsors numbers. He was writing them all down and I don't know if he gave them to you Hance but he said he talk to you when you were shopping for your kids lol

·
Vendor
6,455 Posts
Is the Karl your talking about my dad because I know he was on the computer for a couple hours getting a few sponsors numbers. He was writing them all down and I don't know if he gave them to you Hance but he said he talk to you when you were shopping for your kids lol
I was talking about Carl Robinson from M/T racers support.

·
Pro Mod Professor
6,846 Posts
I was talking about Carl Robinson from M/T racers support.
oh okay well my dad had the m/t website up last week with the phone number and plus my dads name is Karl(and spelled with a K not a C but it might not be the same guy) but he didn't tell me if he told dave about M/T and if they could sponsor the event. I'll ask him tomorrow when he gets home from work.

·
11,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh okay well my dad had the m/t website up last week with the phone number and plus my dads name is Karl(and spelled with a K not a C but it might not be the same guy) but he didn't tell me if he told dave about M/T and if they could sponsor the event. I'll ask him tomorrow when he gets home from work.

you guys have been a god send....thanks.

·
Registered
22,718 Posts
This is a great deal and again MT shows why they are the premier tire company...... they support the racers that run their tires. I just want to say thanks to Carl and Tommy for doing this.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I agree with you Bill, its nice of Mickey Thompson to step up and support the shakedown race and all the racers they do.Thanks Carl and Tommy:supz:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts