Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
I am about to buy a pair....has anyone tried them yet...

·
Registered
4 Posts
go buy them.

although we havent dialed them in yet. with less than 5 runs on them we took our best 60ft from 1.47 to 1.42.

that was on a cold cloudy december day.

we expect 1.3x passes this year.

ed

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I heard they worked better than ET Streets but haven't been to the track yet. Roughed them up on the street some and not real impressed yet. Time'll tell I reckon.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They didn't hook for me at all.
Now I'm going to try a 10.5w slick. I run a 13X31 usually but need to meet the rules for this particular class I wanna do. Any suggestions? The 29 tall and the 31 have different tread widths...which is better?

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
I would stay away from the Hoosier tires. I fought 2 years of tire chatter because of them. I would rather have rollout than width. Get a set of M/T 31x10.5 and hang on. The first burn out of the day should be a decent one. After that just dust them off.. I found 10.5 PSI to work the best on the 31's with a 12" rim. I use 33 now on a 14" rim and seems to be working rather well... Hope this helps..

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Powski's car has been 1.29 - 1.34 60s on the M/T Drag Radial w/stock suspension

This is a very GOOD tire !!!

F.RIZZO

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. Ordering the 31X10.5w's today.

Any idea what air pressure Powski was running and what kind of burn out? I had 12 lbs in them and took off with the tires at 105 degrees.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I HATED THEM............ SOME GUY'S ARE SWEARING BY THEM :roll: MR HIPP AND I MUST HAVE GOT THE ONLY BAD TIRES :x I WOULD SPIN TO THE 60 AND THEY WOULD SQUALL TILL AT LEAST THE 330 I WOULD'NT RECCOMEND THEM TO ANYONE I LIKED ALTHOUGH THE M/T STREET'S AND DRAGS NEVER LET ME DOWN

1 - 12 of 12 Posts