1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
316 Posts
Yeah I heard the back brakes locked up and he lost it.
It's :( Racers are either dying on the streets on going to jail.
Godspeed

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I sat on this photo for a while, wondering if I should post it or not. I thought about it and if this happened to me, I'd want it posted, in hopes that anyone could benefit safety wise from it. If posting it was a bad idea, I can have Monty remove it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Interesting caption on the photo.

Makes it sound like if he was (a) not using race fuel and (b) not running slicks this wouldn't have happened.

The things the media hone in on are really odd...

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I'm sorry for not feeling compassionate but he was out on the street acting foolishly. I do feel sorry for his family but also have to question the intelligence of a 35-year old man that had his life snuffed out because of a serious lack of judgement. Showing that photo isn't going to help anyone with safety. You can't make a car safe enough to survive an impact that hard with a few immoveable objects. What you should learn from that photo is to keep the racing on a track where it's a good deal safer although it never will be completely safe.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Michael Ray said:
Showing that photo isn't going to help anyone with safety. That's a ridiculous idea. .
Here you and I go again, you and your ridiculous statements. There are several things that can be obtained from this photo. Anyone with general chassis knowledge can see them.
This car was said to have a roll cage in it, hard to believe isn't it? Of coarse your not going to hit a fire hydrant at the race track... right Michael? Of coarse Bobb Mackley didn't think he'd ever hit a tree at the drag strip neither, thank god he's still alive.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Whatever dude. You guys can play it up with the "street racer hero" shit but I ain't buying it. The guy was doing something stupid and it cost him his life. That's the bottom line. I edited the ridiculous comment out to not offend you but I retract my edit. What if someone else had been in his way?

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not play up any street racing hero, but he did drive down the street, made sure no one was in the way, did a "U-turn" and made a street dyno pass, a very smart thing to do. It's a tragic accident, my heart goes out to his family.

·
Registered
303 Posts
We all know that doing this on the street isn't smart, But we are not here to talk about that , the guy died lets not start a fight . We all do stupid things every day we are lucky that we get away with some of them. From everybody at the OSCA rest in peace.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I agree this was a tragic accident, but I think we all need to learn that cars like this need to be tested at the track. Things happen all the time that are out of our control. I did my share of street racing/testing when I was younger, but I grew out of it and now have a responsibilty to my family. We are all involved in a very dangerous sport, hobby, or what ever you want to call it!!

Let's keep it as safe as we can!!

Rest in peace!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
It is a shame, I am glad that no one else was hurt.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts