Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can a guy get updated info on the time frame? Just a few prototype stories from September. When is congress voting on the funding? Thanks

·
Banned
26,908 Posts
There are several contractors/builders that are bidding on the job. Several small scale product examples have been submitted for review and/or approval. And the govt. is doing what it can legally to acquire the land on the border.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So for this to happen either a handful of Dems need to vote it in or the Mexican government bucks up?

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
Mexico wall updates...

Where can a guy get updated info on the time frame? Just a few prototype stories from September. When is congress voting on the funding? Thanks

Donny said the meesicans are gonna pay..................so they're gonna pay

Unless they tell him to eat a bag of dicks..........then probably they won't

But tou know its gonna happen.................cause Donny wouldn't lie........................would he ?

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well clearly the Mexicans cant afford it.. not with how much they charge for tequila.. ask my sunburnt liver

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
If a donation account/trust would be set up it would be funded in no time; with an option to volunteer labor, it would be funded before congress came back in.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So half the population without a pot to piss in are going to all drive down there with their tool belt and have at it?

·
Long Live The King
96,492 Posts
IIRC there have been 4 contracts of $300 million each granted to 4 of the six contractors who built the prototypes.

I'll see if I can locate the info:

https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=151d4eaab6927f4e2d6d396d084c23f1&tab=core&_cview=1

The Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection (CBP) awarded four Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts with Firm Fixed Prices for the solicited Border Wall Design Build requirements under CBP Solicitation# HSBP1017R0022. The four awardees are Caddell Construction CO (DE) LLC, Fisher Sand & Gravel Co, Texas Sterling Construction Co and W.G. Yates and Sons Construction Co.

Caddell Construction CO (DE) LLC will provide the construction of a solid wall prototype and construction along the American-Mexican border. The period of performance will commence August 30, 2017 through August 29, 2022 for a duration of five (5) years. The ceiling price of this Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity Contract is $300,000,000.00.

Fisher Sand & Gravel Co will provide the construction of a solid wall prototype and construction along the American-Mexican border. The period of performance will commence August 30, 2017 through August 29, 2022. The ceiling price of this Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity Contract is $300,000,000.00.

Texas Sterling Construction Co will provide the construction of a solid wall prototype and construction along the American-Mexican border. The period of performance will commence August 30, 2017 through August 29, 2022. The ceiling price of this Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity Contract is $300,000,000.00.

W.G. Yates and Sons Construction Co will provide the construction of a solid wall prototype and construction along the American-Mexican border. The period of performance will commence August 30, 2017 through August 29, 2022. The ceiling price of this Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity Contract is $300,000,000.00.

·
Registered
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally! So they've moved past prototype stage. Billion bucks out there now, I would suspect some panels being made soon?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
No official approval for P. Trumps Wall, so no money allocated for construction, and due to the cost and experts reports of more cost effective/ better security measures than "a wall", most doubt it will ever happen.

This prototype money was pulled from existing CBP budget (already in place).

Estimates are around $38 billion....last I read, to as high as $60 billion.

These prototypes are now due to be studied and tested...another 12-18 months, plus CA AG has said they will sue, so there's that.

They have never completed the "border wall" that was approved under W BUSH 43.....as they ran out of money even for that one.

·
1 %
12,293 Posts
No official approval for P. Trumps Wall, so no money allocated for construction, and due to the cost and experts reports of more cost effective/ better security measures than "a wall", most doubt it will ever happen.

This prototype money was pulled from existing CBP budget (already in place).

Estimates are around $38 billion....last I read, to as high as $60 billion.

These prototypes are now due to be studied and tested...another 12-18 months, plus CA AG has said they will sue, so there's that.

They have never completed the "border wall" that was approved under W BUSH 43.....as they ran out of money even for that one.
I sure hope those prototypes are "transparent"...the danger of being hit by a 60 pound bag of "stuff", thrown over the wall, is incredibly concerning. We must be able to see what those greezers are up to on the other side!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts