Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys doing for fuel service between races? I've heard a week is good but any longer than a week either use a top lube or purge on gas. What works so the shit dont get clogged up.

·
Registered
25,667 Posts
Fill fuel cell completely. Idle it once when checking valve lash. Not as big a deal as many fear. Change oil after a race. don't let that stuff sit in the pan until the day before a race.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fill fuel cell completely. Idle it once when checking valve lash. Not as big a deal as many fear. Change oil after a race. don't let that stuff sit in the pan until the day before a race.

Fill the fuel cell completely with methanol?

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
I run gas through the system after a race and I dont run top lube that shit scares me lol . never had any problems

·
from across the pond...
6,936 Posts
If you live in a warm dry place,a week would be no problem. A wet humid place and get it the f**k out of there after every race meeting.
Ask me how i know this...

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
Flushing the system with e85 lowered maintenance greatly.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Drain the tank, take the hose off the fuel pump. I made a special fitting the screws into the line from the pump that plugs into an air line.I blow out the whole system for 30 secounds or so then shoot some WD-40 in the pump and its good to go

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
We drain the methanol out of the tank and put the return line into a bucket. We fill the tank with race gas and put the race gas tune in with the second injector break point coming on early. Start it and run it till you see just race fuel coming out and give it a few revs to get it through the second set of injectors. Takes us 30 minutes tops to do at the track. The mixed fuel works fine in the golf cart lol!

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
I made a small port that is open to the engine side of the throttle blade (used to be where IAC used to be. Going to take out 1/4-20 bolt with orings and spray Amsoil Fogging Oil to try and keep the upper cylinder areas rust free. Haven't decided what is best fuel cell/line procedure is best. I have plugged the vent line in the past and basically leave it under the same conditions as the barrel of methanol sitting next to car. I do have Teflon lined fuel lines, hard anodized fittings, and anodized fuel cell.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
We drain the methanol out of the tank and put the return line into a bucket. We fill the tank with race gas and put the race gas tune in with the second injector break point coming on early. Start it and run it till you see just race fuel coming out and give it a few revs to get it through the second set of injectors. Takes us 30 minutes tops to do at the track. The mixed fuel works fine in the golf cart lol!

I do this but with normal pump fuel.

Although i use the mixed alky/gas in the mower!

·
Registered
49,468 Posts
If you live in a warm dry place,a week would be no problem. A wet humid place and get it the f**k out of there after every race meeting.
Ask me how i know this...
The air where 95mmrenegade is, it is so humid you can cut it with a spoon almost year round. and its hotter then fuck

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Get it out. Period. Save yourself some headache.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Get it out. Period. Save yourself some headache.
So do you fog it and leave the system dry or do you drain the system and run gas? I am new to meth and I need schooling. Methanol Maintenance 101. Lol. Anyone willing to share their entire processes for fogging the system? Details on fuel line,tank,and pump services. Can you just fog all of these? Maybe running gas or E85 would be easier but any downside to that(either) method? Thanks guys.KS

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
blow out system dry wd 40 pump pull spark plugs spray cylinders

·
Registered
16,782 Posts
I drain the ally then put vp112 in the tank put my gas map in fire it up for about 4 min and never had a problem

·
Registered
580 Posts
Thats what i do and Moran said thats all you need to do..

·
Registered
580 Posts
I drain the ally then put vp112 in the tank put my gas map in fire it up for about 4 min and never had a problem
I can reach into my fuel cell and stick a clear hose right in the return bulk head fitting and start the car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts