Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that live in the southern florida area, and run methanol, what are you paying for a barrel? My vendor here is a little high on their prices and have told me if I can show proof of it, they will drop the price for me. Mark Whitener has already provided me with an invoice of where he gets his, I'm hoping that I can get a few more to show them.....I know it won't drop it much but I'll take anything I can get as I'm doing my conversion soon........

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
For those of you that live in the southern florida area, and run methanol, what are you paying for a barrel? My vendor here is a little high on their prices and have told me if I can show proof of it, they will drop the price for me. Mark Whitener has already provided me with an invoice of where he gets his, I'm hoping that I can get a few more to show them.....I know it won't drop it much but I'll take anything I can get as I'm doing my conversion soon........

Thanks!
What name brand?

I'm in NC but I pay $130 with toplube included.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
We've been buying Outlaw's version of M1. IIRC its around $225-250 for a drum. - I live on the other side of "LA" from you

Typically pick it up from a fellow racer at the track
That's about what VP M1 cost around here

·
I kill parts
9,846 Posts
As I've read it, there's one major supplier of methanol that pretty much all the race fuel companies buy from. Mark-up comes down to what company and what distributor/dealer.

We had been $150-200 up until 6-8 months ago when the main supplier upped pricing. - In our area VP has typically been $50-75 per drum higher than Outlaw and I've never seen any performance or tune difference between them.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
seems you pay a lot less than us for that too... $320Aud 205L or 55US gall 44 imp gall but for that price it is delivered

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Have you called the local VP warehouse and asked how much for 55 gallon if you supply your own empty VP lined drum, and ask for a racers discount? You might be surprised. The warehouse at Terre Haute Indiana has a decent price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts