Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm piecing together a fuel system from scratch, for EFI. The plan is to initially start on pump gas, and then switch over to methanol once I have less things to worry about.

I can't find a lot of information on what kind of fittings and hoses are most tolerant. I know anodized fittings can hold up pretty well, but any knicks, scratches, or whatever and it's curtains. I don't plan to let the stuff sit.

Is there a most desireable type setup for hoses and fittings?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Save yourself some money and set the fuel system up for methanol from the beginning . There is virtually nothing that interchanges from a pump gas fuel system to a methanol system . Lines , pumps , seals , fuel cell and foam , spark plugs and all of the tune up specs will be completely different .

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Save yourself some money and set the fuel system up for methanol from the beginning . There is virtually nothing that interchanges from a pump gas fuel system to a methanol system . Lines , pumps , seals , fuel cell and foam , spark plugs and all of the tune up specs will be completely different .
Sorry, but I would have to respectfully disagree with almost everything in your post.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I had a lot of trouble with injectors plugging with an old fuel system. Got all new regular type stuff and started adding Klotz. Problem seems solved so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts