Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How volatile is this when it is 80/20? Alcohol/water? The reason I am asking....I wanted to know if it could be mounted behind the passengers seat? I do not have room to mount the tank in the trunk.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
they go with 50/50 alky water mix becuase that is the limit of being "safe", or non-flammable. supposedly anything richer than that will be flammable, but I havent tested myself to verify. thats just what "they say".

·
Registered
49,435 Posts
they go with 50/50 alky water mix becuase that is the limit of being "safe", or non-flammable. supposedly anything richer than that will be flammable, but I havent tested myself to verify. thats just what "they say".
It will burn if it is hot enough to boil.

·
Registered
414 Posts
will tracks even allow it at all inside the passenger compartment? I would not think so

·
Registered
70 Posts
I know a guy that tried to put out a fire with washer fluid. Bad idea. Washer fluid will burn really good if thrown on a fire. I would treat it just like any other fuel cell. Why can't you find a place for it under the hood?

·
Registered
818 Posts
I know a guy that tried to put out a fire with washer fluid. Bad idea. Washer fluid will burn really good if thrown on a fire. I would treat it just like any other fuel cell. Why can't you find a place for it under the hood?

Agree'd. I wouldn't put it in the car.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I would definitly put it out side of the drivers compartment no matter what they allow! Crazy to put your self in that situation.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Yeah, at 80/20 its diffinitely flammable. So treat it like a fuel and mount it so that there is a firewall between you and it encase you are ever in a bad situation. Plus, that would never fly at a track. The only time I have had guys run containers inside the car near them was when they we're running pure water.

We have a nice 3 gallon mini fuel cell for the trunk and working on a smaller 1 gallon custom tank right now as well. Let me know if you have any questions or how I can help.

Rodney

1 - 8 of 8 Posts