Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys - not sure what section to file this question under but since I have a turbo car I put it here. I got a 4 gallon summit fuel cell yesterday to hold methanol for my methanol injection setup. I intend to have 50/50 water/methanol or 100% methanol in this tank depending. I heard from a friend though that he had used a plastic tank like this for methanol and the included foam fell apart with methanol in the tank and damaged his pump.

So - does anyone know if the fuel foam found in cells is methanol friendly?

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a ton - I didn't put the tank in yet so all is well. I will pull the foam out tonight!

Sucks because I like the idea of foam in there for baffling but oh well.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Uly - yeah I took it out for now JT is looking up some stuff and he thinks he knows of meth safe foam

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
I wanna say that the foam that Jaz Products uses in their cells is the good stuff.
Thats what I had in my car and I never had a problem with it like I said.. And it was in our '57 for like 5 years before that and was still ok.
I know carb's are a little different than injection but I think if you should be ok.

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
We had a JAZ cell with foam in it. The methanol ate it, got sucked into the feed line, clogged the line, motor went lean, made a big hole in the back of the head.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yuck - since this is just for methanol injection I think I will ditch the foam all together and just run a float level sensor.

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
The cell/manufacturer should list the compatability with different fuels.

·
Eddie Haskell
7,850 Posts
I hear you on the low priced cell

You can buy quality foam from another manufacturer for not much money.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts