Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just wondering if I can run my car on methanol,run a radiator(as I still need to run water through the head) and get away with using any kind of fan(Inc thermo ) for cooling....

Its just for drag,no street driving.....

Can I just run it rich and keep it cool that way..

Thanks

Daz..............

·
Registered
427 Posts
I run mine with out a radiator or water. No problems in three years, but you will want to monitor oil temp and I put a fan on engine between rounds.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Hi All,

Just wondering if I can run my car on methanol,run a radiator(as I still need to run water through the head) and get away with using any kind of fan(Inc thermo ) for cooling....

Its just for drag,no street driving.....

Can I just run it rich and keep it cool that way..

Thanks

Daz..............
yes...i do that...alky,radiator and no room for a fan...just circulate water like normal thru block and heads

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes...i do that...alky,radiator and no room for a fan...just circulate water like normal thru block and heads
thank you,yes its more for warn up and when the car's in the staging lanes,but I could probably just run it richer at idle and keep it cool that way,and I'm sure the radiator will add a bit to cooling once the car is moving......

Thanks again

Daz

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,409 Posts
Cool temps and rich idle will dilute the oil with methanol. You certainly do not need a t-stat, but i'd put a fan on the rad. Also run a leanout valve to build heat faster and cut down on the amount of methanol used to warm up the engine, unless your dealing with EFI. Every methanol engine i have run goes faster with water temps around 180. There needs to be some heat in order to vaporize the fuel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts