Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 302 with vortech v2,GT40p heads and f cam.. How much would the car pick up if i went to the methanol injection? What is you opinions on the meth injection? any help would be great thanks...

·
Registered
17,920 Posts
Part of the reason no one responded to you is that your question can't be answered specifically without more information on the car/engine setup.

Every combination responds differently to methanol injection mostly depending on boost level, intercooler/no intercooler, amount of methanol injected and octane of fuel. Just injecting methanol won't do anything if your tune-up is optimized already - the tune-up has to be adjusted to make more power.

I suggest you do a search and read a few previous threads to get an idea of what methanol injection will do for you. Then if you have a specific question, try posting that up.

Here's a good start.

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=319755

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have a stock 302 with vortech v2,GT40p heads and f cam.. How much would the car pick up if i went to the methanol injection? What is you opinions on the meth injection? any help would be great thanks...
Typical 5.0 like this with a non-intercooled Vortech running 10lbs will pick up 30-40 horsepower after a retune. Your going to be on the lower end as you have good 93 octane where you live and able to run a bit more timing then guys with 91 octane. Let me know if you have any other questions or how I can help. I'm here in Columbus OH as well enjoying the snow and slush on the road. Joking.

Rodney

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Typical 5.0 like this with a non-intercooled Vortech running 10lbs will pick up 30-40 horsepower after a retune. Your going to be on the lower end as you have good 93 octane where you live and able to run a bit more timing then guys with 91 octane. Let me know if you have any other questions or how I can help. I'm here in Columbus OH as well enjoying the snow and slush on the road. Joking.

Rodney
Thanks alot this is my first build and im trying to read up on everything as much as possible.. I know not rrunning an intercooler hurts these cars alot. And talked to a buddy yesterday about the meth injection and it really sounded like the cure for the problem.. and when you think about price this is very cheep for a 40hp gain lol Thanks alot for the info

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thanks alot this is my first build and im trying to read up on everything as much as possible.. I know not rrunning an intercooler hurts these cars alot. And talked to a buddy yesterday about the meth injection and it really sounded like the cure for the problem.. and when you think about price this is very cheep for a 40hp gain lol Thanks alot for the info
Sure thing. And actually, running a Mustang like this with a non-intercooled Vortech isn't a problem with 8-10 lbs. Water methanol injection isn't even required for something like this as you can tune this safely just fine with out the methanol injection.

Let me know if you have any other questions or how I can help.

Rodney

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive had the car for a year and never have ran into any issues, but im changing the cam and going from about 8lbs to 15 or so.. With the extra boost alil cooling im thinking this car will scream..

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ive had the car for a year and never have ran into any issues, but im changing the cam and going from about 8lbs to 15 or so.. With the extra boost alil cooling im thinking this car will scream..
Let me know if you have any other questions or how I can help.

Rodney

·
Beer me!!
22,507 Posts
My friend's 355 SBC made 800 with a D1 Procharger, methanol injection, and pump gas. No problems what so ever!! I'm sold!! I'm going to run it when I turbo my 5.3 LS motor. Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts