Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a street car with a decent setup in it, goes pretty well on 9-10 psi. i would like to up the boost to around 15-16. its a non- intercooled setup, blowthrough car, 9.4-1 compression, 21 degrees total timing, 10.5 WOT a/f

because the comp. is somewhat high im nervous to go any more with the boost on pump gas and no intercooler.

im trying to decide if i should put meth on the car?
any people who have put meth on a simular setup?
intake temps?

Thanks

·
Registered
716 Posts
My setup is 454bbc, single S400, 15-16psi, no intercooler, 30 degrees timing and meth. I get 110 degree AIT with the sensor in the hat spacer on a 95 degree day. Stuff is amazing for being so simple and cheap.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Mine is a ProCharger, but my set up is similar to yours in compression. I run 8 PSI, 9.3:1, no intercooler, 34 degrees timing and an AIS water/meth kit. I am nowhere near the limits with this set up. I think I could run 12-15lbs. safely with it. Give Rodney at AIS a call, he'll hook you up.

·
Registered
194 Posts
you can get a 250psi pump from snow, coolingmist, or ais. i have been reading all of their sites because i am trying to pick out one for myself right now. ais seems like the best built kit, the only thing that throws me off is the ais kit does not match the information on the other 2 kits. like the blending percentages, ais says anywhere from 100%water to 100%meth. the other 2 say 50/50 and at the min, use 30%meth in windshield washing fluid and spike it with iso HEAT.

·
Registered
198 Posts
you can get a 250psi pump from snow, coolingmist, or ais. i have been reading all of their sites because i am trying to pick out one for myself right now. ais seems like the best built kit, the only thing that throws me off is the ais kit does not match the information on the other 2 kits. like the blending percentages, ais says anywhere from 100%water to 100%meth. the other 2 say 50/50 and at the min, use 30%meth in windshield washing fluid and spike it with iso HEAT.

Thats because different applications require different mixtures. And different mixtures work better for targeting different results. With our pumps you can use anything from pure methanol to pure water. Not all pumps can be used with pure methanol. Additionally, I believe the pump offered by Snow has the built in quick connect fittings. We chose to go with a threaded female NPT port so that users could still switch over to stainless steel lines if they wanted to.

If you have questions email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Roger at C&S has a killer meth system he builds. Ive seen it on a couple cars and it works great. I think were putting one on my car this weeekend. Also a very affordable unit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts