Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a pro-systems 4150 and when ordered Patrick said there wasn't a difference from the cast Holley blocks he uses or his upgraded billet blocks.

After having some discussion about this with a buddy he pointed out how porus cast blocks are, how the fuel paths aren't as customizable and how casting differences can vary compared to the cnc'd billet blocks.
And most other brands use a billet block on their race carbs.

What are your thoughts, are billet blocks worth upgrading to?

·
Registered
746 Posts
I just had my 1150 redone.

I asked the guy if he would use billet metering blocks. He said he preferred the cast Holley ones. He inspects them very thoroughly before putting them on.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
My 1150 is billet and that was the only option i was told when the carb was built /shrug

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
I was tol that after all the wells and pasages were custom tailored to your needs you have athe same product,

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was told by Pro Systems that they have to use epoxy in the billet metering blocks to reduce the size of certain passages. This is not necessary with the cast blocks. They also said that the epoxy needs to be replace every 3 years. Because of this they will only install billet bocks if the customer wants them. I don't know if this applies to all their carbs but it did to a 1300 cfm Dominator I bought.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was told by Pro Systems that they have to use epoxy in the billet metering blocks to reduce the size of certain passages. This is not necessary with the cast blocks. They also said that the epoxy needs to be replace every 3 years. Because of this they will only install billet bocks if the customer wants them. I don't know if this applies to all their carbs but it did to a 1300 cfm Dominator I bought.
x2

·
Registered
6,633 Posts
They should make their own or get some from BLP with smaller passages. Holley blocks work, but no reason to use epoxy. What passages would they possibly want SMALLER on a 1300 CFM Dominator?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts