Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this today with my 20 yr. old son and we were both totally blown away. It is primarily a concert film with a story running along with the concert. The Imax 3D and concert quality sound make this a must see for any Metallica fan. We've both seen them live and this is as close to a real concert experience that I've seen.

·
Practical Joker
3,431 Posts
I am a hardcore fan, but they weren't the same once Jason left.
I think they got better? (we should all forget st anger of course)

·
Non me ne frega un cazzo
32,860 Posts
I see that it's rated R. How bad is it ? My 8 yr old is bugging me to go see it because he likes metallica but I'm not thinking its for him from some of the commercials.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see that it's rated R. How bad is it ? My 8 yr old is bugging me to go see it because he likes metallica but I'm not thinking its for him from some of the commercials.
Don't really know why it would be r rated. There's not really any violence and there's no sex at all. It is although a very intense show,just like being at a live concert. I'm thinking your 8 yr. old has seen much worse.

·
Just Sayin Crew V.P.
37,825 Posts
I was thinking about seeing it

·
Pics of wife?
4,204 Posts
They haven't been the same since Cliff was killed.
True enough. Puppets is one of my all time favorite albums, but Jason did a great job as well. Just not much of a fan of St. Anger and newer. I still might go see it anyways.

I'd bet most certainly the R rating is because of language. James says fuck almost as much as I do.

·
Registered
483 Posts
True enough. Puppets is one of my all time favorite albums, but Jason did a great job as well. Just not much of a fan of St. Anger and newer. I still might go see it anyways.

I'd bet most certainly the R rating is because of language. James says fuck almost as much as I do.
The bass in '' and justice for all'' just follows the guitar. Same as the black album. I like and justice and the black album but they don't have any stand out bass riffs imo

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
The bass in '' and justice for all'' just follows the guitar. Same as the black album. I like and justice and the black album but they don't have any stand out bass riffs imo
That was mentioned as part of Newstead's list of gripes with the band.

Black album did have some bass licks on it though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts