Yellow Bullet Forums banner
301 - 320 of 374 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
RIP Coach.

My wife and I (both unvaccinated) got covid a couple of weeks ago. She ended up in the hospital and me at home. It came from an asymptomatic 12-yo girl. We are both in our 50’s and in decent health. Dropping your wife off at the ER wondering whether you will see her alive again is not something I ever want to go through again. Her 02 levels kept dropping. She had bloodwork done and chest xrays. The short story is they treated her with Remdisivir and a steroid for the pneumonia. She came home last Friday. We are both doing well and back to work. In the covid ward in the hospital she was in, there are 30 beds. There was an average of 24-28 covid patients during the 3 days she was there. Only 2 patients (my wife and her roommate) were unvaccinated. The rest were all breakthrough cases. My contact tracer said I was her first non-vaccinated covid case in almost 2 months! I also see the narrative has changed from 95/80/60 (or something close) for the 3 vaccine’s prevention-of-getting-the-virus rate to 95/80/60 “keeps you out of the hospital“ rate. Something stinks. Godspeed Coach K.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I don't judge who takes or declines the vaccine but the people who do judge are the same dumbasses who blame someone for being poor because they don't play the lottery.

I'm guessing midnight is technically obese.

Reactions: Jp outlaw

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
83,573 Posts
Imagine how much nicer the world would have been if birth control was mandatory like they want the so-call Covid vaccines to be, and each of their slut mothers would have partaken instead of running a train with a roomful of strangers.
The ignore feature...I have both those asshats on ignore...I never seen a post one...

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
83,573 Posts
I don't judge who takes or declines the vaccine but the people who do judge are the same dumbasses who blame someone for being poor because they don't play the lottery.

I'm guessing midnight is technically obese.
They're just human garbage...dont give them your time

·
Mother Hen
52,274 Posts
You cant seem to get a clue, can ya? When a child decides to use the visitation of the grand kids, as leverage to get the grand parents to conform to their beliefs, things are already gone to hell in that family...I raised my kids to understand me, and they know that if they ever tried to pull that shit on me, it wouldnt end well...It has NOTHING to do with me dictating the way they live, or the safety of my grand kids...

This entire virus bullshit has brought out the true colors of the dumbest people in this world...Talking about mandating vaccines that still allow the vaccinated to carry the virus is about as god damn dumb as it can get...
It may be dumb, but my statement still stands. Parents have the right to protect their children the way they see fit. As I have said before, most fear is irrational anyway. If they don't want unvaccinated people around their kids and you don't want to get vaccinated, then just stay away until something changes. You can get angry and think it is stupid all you want, but the parents still have the right to decide.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts

·
Super Moderator
48,574 Posts
Interesting quote on a thread of a passing member, especially with the lol at the end. If that comes back to bite you, which it certainly could, especially with how vulnerable pregnant women are to covid if they get it...
California father of 5 children, including a newborn, dies of COVID weeks after wife lost her life to the disease
Or,.....because the shot has only been around a year or so, and things are still being discovered about it's after affects, and there are no long term affects data at all, getting this controversial shot may have deadly affects on children in the womb or once born.

·
43,837 Posts
It may be dumb, but my statement still stands. Parents have the right to protect their children the way they see fit. As I have said before, most fear is irrational anyway. If they don't want unvaccinated people around their kids and you don't want to get vaccinated, then just stay away until something changes. You can get angry and think it is stupid all you want, but the parents still have the right to decide.
I didnt think you'd understand...Good thing is, I dont have to worry about any of your hypothetical bullshit, simply because I raised my kids better...

·
43,837 Posts
Or,.....because the shot has only been around a year or so, and things are still being discovered about it's after affects, and there are no long term affects data at all, getting this controversial shot may have deadly affects on children in the womb or once born.
Bingo...I read an article last week about studies that have been done on pregnancies verses the virus and/or vaccines...I even had someone telling me all of the benefits of a pregnant woman being vaccinated...When I asked how in the hell any side effects were monitored, I was called names and of course Trump's name was thrown at me too...

Vaccines have been out just over 9 months, so it is IMPOSSIBLE to have any data yet...

·
Mother Hen
52,274 Posts
I didnt think you'd understand...Good thing is, I dont have to worry about any of your hypothetical bullshit, simply because I raised my kids better...
What is it that I am supposedly not understanding? I haven't been vaccinated as of yet. If my daughter had kids and told me she didn't want anyone around that hasn't been vaccinated, I would respect her wishes as my grandkids' parent. Whether I would get vaccinated at that point would be entirely up to me, but chances are, I would get vaccinated to see my grandkids and make my daughter more comfortable. It ultimately doesn't matter whether I agree with the logic behind it or not. She has a choice and I have a choice.

·
43,837 Posts
What is it that I am supposedly not understanding? I haven't been vaccinated as of yet. If my daughter had kids and told me she didn't want anyone around that hasn't been vaccinated, I would respect her wishes as my grandkids' parent. Whether I would get vaccinated at that point would be entirely up to me, but chances are, I would get vaccinated to see my grandkids and make my daughter more comfortable. It ultimately doesn't matter whether I agree with the logic behind it or not. She has a choice and I have a choice.
If my kids didnt want ANY UNVACCINATED people around their kids, i'd honor that choice with zero issues...The conversation was about using the grandkids as a tool to force someone to get vaccinated...Maybe I see a difference between those two scenarios, that you dont see...If so, let me explain some..."IF" my kids were to keep their children on lock down, and truly guarantee that NO unvaccinated people are exposed to the kids, that would be fine..."IF" they allowed them to go out in public settings, around people that may or may not be vaccinated, then we'd have an issue if they tried to keep me from seeing them...

But, like I said, its a hypothetical bullshit story because I raised my kids to use common sense...So, none of the "ifs" are going to happen...We, as a family, understand how to communicate with each other, so we can somewhat stay on the same pages...

·
Registered
10,443 Posts
Your daughter killed herself because she hated to be around you, right John?
So, that midnightblus10 fellows daughter COMMITTED SUICIDE ?
He seems to be a very bitter nasty person, that would explain his poor attitude.
SEEK HELP Mr. Midnightblus10,
good luck

·
Long Live The King
108,361 Posts
If my kids didnt want ANY UNVACCINATED people around their kids, i'd honor that choice with zero issues...The conversation was about using the grandkids as a tool to force someone to get vaccinated...Maybe I see a difference between those two scenarios,
Post 92:

" ...and another was told by his daughter, if he doesn't get it, he can't see his grand kids. That's what personal freedom has come to."

Do you think that would have been for his protection or that of her children ? ( as misguided as that maybe)

·
Long Live The King
108,361 Posts
One thing you have to remember about YB:

You are only allowed to view things from one side of the fence.

·
43,837 Posts
Post 92:

" ...and another was told by his daughter, if he doesn't get it, he can't see his grand kids. That's what personal freedom has come to."

Do you think that would have been for his protection or that of her children ? ( as misguided as that maybe)
Could be either way, just depends on how much of the agenda driven garbage the daughter has bought into.

·
Aviation Section
26,902 Posts
They have been pressuring my 28 week pregnant wife to get the shot also...lol
Stand your ground, I know you know how! No pregnant woman should get the shot, we just don't know enough about what could happen to the unborn child.

My Daughter In Law is expecting in November, she has a high level Managers position at U Of M and everyone that works there has to get the shot before the end of this month or they don't work there anymore, no exceptions, not even a Doctors order will protect her. She tested positive 6 months ago and was only sick for about three days so she should have the antibodies.

BTW, my wife and I have had both shots, plenty of time for your wife to get the shot after she delivers if that is what she wants. Dave

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
83,573 Posts

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
83,573 Posts
301 - 320 of 374 Posts