Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Melling pump 10687 SBF pump and it has an adjustable regulator, I've emailed Melling and have looked all over for any type of info on adjusting the pressure. Does anybody know how much say 1 turn of the screw will affect by pass oil pressure. I've read 1 thread that they are factory set to by pass at 60PSI which is what mine is doing and I'd like to get around 70 or so out of it up top. Car is spinning 7500-7800 and would feel a little better with a touch more pressure.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok cool, wonder how many turns there are? I guess if I could get 3 full turns I would be pretty close to what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I had the same pump and had the pressure set on a bench, however I could not get 75psi at full adjustment, had to machine up a shim to get it where I needed, I thought I should have gotten more out of it without having to modify it....

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well today the melling tech emailed me back and said he is sending a spring that i need along with some instructions, so I'll post back when I see what he sends me. I questioned him about just turning the allen head screw that's when he said he is sending the spring with instructions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.