Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI what differences have you guys seen going from normal sprag in converter to mechincal doide converter , few things do they affect ya mph ,and cause extra heat , reason i ask is i have lost 5mph ,went from 123-118 car 60ft same half track same
We did have strong wind , i noticed tach was saying same revs as i when do my 123mph passes but slip on says 118mph ,trans is not slipping fluid mint,is it possoble when they installed new mechincal diode they may have altered something by accidently or is mechincal doide intsalliation straight foward im trying to go through all options before pulling trans out for the 3rd time ,could extra heat in fliud make it slip more in top end 230 used to only be 180 untill full manual valve fitted sorry for all the questions
thanks

·
Super Moderator
19,419 Posts
The diode really should not make a difference in performance over a sprag providing the sprag did not have problems. Also should not make any more heat.

Hutch

·
Registered
52 Posts
The diode is mearly another form of a sprague. It is a mechanical one way clutch. Installing a diode in place of an element sprague or a roller clutch should not change how the converter performs other than it being much stronger. This is all providing the person who did the converter put the stator back in the converter with the identcal relationship with the turbine and impeller.

Greg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts