2005 2500hd duramax

Remove and replace on both sides.

Upper and lower control arm bushings.
Upper and lower ball joints.
Inner and outer tie rods.
Idler arm.
Pitman arm.
Swaybar bushings and end links.

Pressure wash the junk off entire front end and undercoat same area.

Trying keep my price inline. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
$250 plus parts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Would it not be easier just to buy the control arms with ball joints and bushings?

·
JACKASS
5,085 Posts
For labor, I would charge the same price as the total of the parts, then might add a couple of hundred of dollars.
Or 50 bucks a hour straight time.

·
Drag Week Survivor
14,416 Posts
For labor I'd look up the labor time in the book, then multiply that by my shop rate. Add 1-3% for shop materials.
If you preset your shop rate and use book time, then you don't have to worry what others are charging.

If i'm supplying parts i charge somewhere between my cost and list.

If people don't like your price then let them go elsewhere. Figure a shop rate and stick to it, thats my opinion.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Upper ball joints can only be serviced with the control arm. On that note, labor for the ball joints and tie rod ends alone is roughly 8 hours.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
$250 plus parts
You must be working "on the side" because there is no way you're paying any shop overhead with that price.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
For labor I'd look up the labor time in the book, then multiply that by my shop rate. Add 1-3% for shop materials.
If you preset your shop rate and use book time, then you don't have to worry what others are charging.

If people don't like your price then let them go elsewhere. Figure a shop rate and stick to it, thats my opinion.
THIS ^^^

·
Registered
966 Posts

EXACTLY!!! You can't please everyone and No good deed goes unpunished!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts