Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the motor
of a Harley Motorcycle when he spotted a well-known heart surgeon in his shop.

The surgeon was there waiting for the service manager
to come take a look at his bike when the mechanic shouted
across the garage, "Hey Doc, can I ask you a question...."

The surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to where the
mechanic was working on the motorcycle.

The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag
and asked, "So Doc, look at this engine. I open its heart,
take the valves out, repair any damage, and then put them
back in, and when I finish, it works just like new.
So, how come I get such a small salary and you get the really big bucks, when you and I are doing basically the same work?"

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic...................................

"Try doing it with the engine running."

·
Registered
16,465 Posts
Funny bump....:)

·
Registered
4,734 Posts
Exactly! While paying malpractice insurance and paying $500k for school.

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
The mechanic should have said, "Mine was dead for years when I got it".

·
Registered
764 Posts
doctors only have two basic models to work on, male and female. Some older, some younger, but the parts are the same, they don't change how people are built every few years.

yeah doctors bury their mistakes,lol. How long does a mechanic get away with " huh, that didn't work? Well try this and get back to me in a week" and gets paid for each following try.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Isnt it easier to work on a heart than an engine? Hearts all look the same but engines get more complicated for every year and comes in many different versions :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
doctors only have two basic models to work on, male and female. Some older, some younger, but the parts are the same, they don't change how people are built every few years.

yeah doctors bury their mistakes,lol. How long does a mechanic get away with " huh, that didn't work? Well try this and get back to me in a week" and gets paid for each following try.
Crap, didnt read your post before i wrote mine :)

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
Several years ago I told my doctor that I was going to start bringing my truck to him when something was wrong with it.
He looked a little surprised and said, "Why?"
I answered, "Well, you're smarter, more honest and work cheaper than most most mechanics."

·
Aviation Section
25,175 Posts
Before I retired from flying we used to talk about Doctors. Captains had to take a oral exam on the aircraft and a 4 hour check ride every 6 months in the S.I.M., most times with the FAA present, to continue working, fail the ride and you are off the payroll until the Company can schedule you into a ground school class and another S.I.M. ride.

If it is a 4 engine aircraft like the 747 I flew you are going to loose at least 2 engines and usually loose the 3ard engine on short final and still be expected to land the aircraft without incident! Of course anything else that can fail or catch on fire will be thrown at you also during that 4 hours, talk about a pressure cooker! Not uncommon for guys to come out of the box dripping in sweat from the strain of having so much on the line!

That is why the guys I worked with liked the 777 which we also flew, once they failed the first engine there were no more to fail!
All the instructor could do was start another fire, loose a generator, or blow in your ear!

But...once a Doc gets out of Med School and his probationary period at the Hospital he is never checked again for proficiency!

How about that shit! Dave

·
Registered
8,618 Posts
Hmmm.... I LIKE it... Doc Pete... Or the Doctor has a clogged drain, he calls a plumber, plumber shows up, takes a look at the toilet, pulls out a plunger, POOF!toilet is clear, he hands the Dr. a bill for $500.00 Doc says FIVE HUNDED DOLLARS!!! I'm a Dr. and even I don't make that kind of money... Plumber leans over and tells the Doctor... "i didn't either... Back when I was a Doctor"... Doc Pete...:rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts