Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone buys meat off these trucks that go house to house. Not talking about some of the reputable companies that do it ! These are just a pickup truck with a freezer and generator or a block of dry ice in the freezer with no company name on truck , or some just have a phone number. It seems like we are getting more and more of them coming to the house lately. (This may not even be legal in some states) I don't know where this meat has been, or anything about it except what they tell you. Has it thawed and been refrozen? Who knows? What's y'all's take on this? I do not buy it myself but, somebody must be!

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
I wouldn't take that stuff if they were giving it away.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Ive never bought any from them, i was always sceptical of those things. I know people who do regularly and havent had any problems with it though.

·
Registered
22,513 Posts
They make it sound good, but it's shit meat. I bought a small box just to try it out one day. It's basically the same frozen shit they sell at walmart that's in the center freezers. If they were selling it for dirt cheap, then it's a cheap stake you can grill up, but other than that you'd be better off buying your steaks from a grocery store that has good meat.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I never will, had a burger at a budy's house that he bought off on of those trucks. It was fully cooked, and every one of us at that party got sick. I have never had the shits so bad in my life as that meat gave me. STAY AWAY!

·
Registered
9,494 Posts
You mean like Capital meats? I have chased them off the property numerous times. Even told the last 2 that if the company ever come on the property again I was getting them with harassment and trespassing. Tired of them not taking no for an answer.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
You mean like Capital meats? I have chased them off the property numerous times. Even told the last 2 that if the company ever come on the property again I was getting them with harassment and trespassing. Tired of them not taking no for an answer.

Pushy sumbitches aren't they....I just about lost it on the last one that stopped by my house.

And they pull the, "dude I over ordered and have these extras I'll hook you up on, I can't bring them back with me I'll get in trouble. Can you help me out" line. I told him I can hook him up with helping him spitting his teeth out. LOL Now get the Phuck off my property.

·
KEVIN CAPS LOCK
80,317 Posts
I'VE GOT SOME MEAT YOU CAN TASTE

·
Registered
531 Posts
I cant speak bad about the meat. I normally buy direct from a local farmer but got into a disagreement with him about how he treated my wife on one visit. We bought all our meat from him once a month so it was a nice amount of money we spent. But we had a guy just recently come by with the meat in the back of his truck. We bought it cause it is suppose to be 100% grass fed beef. I can say it is some of the best meat I have ever had. Very tender tastes just like the farm fresh stuff we bought in the past. The guy was not pushy at all said he would only come back when we call him and locked in our price. The fillets are fantastic and we will most definetly buy again.

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,375 Posts
i bought a small box off capital meats one time .... not tooo bad ....but never again ............ i do however buy from omaha steaks every now and again , there stuff is pretty good !

·
Registered
10,973 Posts
They used to come through my area and I never bought anything but the way to shut them up is tell them you are a vegan it works.

·
Registered
8,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i bought a small box off capital meats one time .... not tooo bad ....but never again ............ i do however buy from omaha steaks every now and again , there stuff is pretty good !
Yep, we have a company (Schwan's) that comes around. Not too shabby ! We do get their rib eyes every now and then.

·
Aviation Section
25,368 Posts
I do the Omaha Steaks also many times a year and get my hotdogs from Zwiegel in Rochester, New York, best hot dogs (Red and Whites) that you will ever eat! They ship them in dry ice all over the world, once you have these it will be all you ever eat! TheyDave

·
In Glock I Trust
6,655 Posts
Cooked 1 of their burgers and it shrunk into a fuckin Krystal burger.....smh

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I do the Omaha Steaks also many times a year and get my hotdogs from Zwiegel in Rochester, New York, best hot dogs (Red and Whites) that you will ever eat! They ship them in dry ice all over the world, once you have these it will be all you ever eat! TheyDave
No shit on the Zwiegels, they are the absolute best I have ever had. A friend from Rochester got me hooked on them. I have never had a hot dog so good in my life. I found a market in Boca that carries them called Joseph's Market. Now I have Zwiegels when ever I want.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts