Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H. what would be the max spring pressure I can run on a hydraulic f/t lunati cam? The cam is a lunati voodoo 60105. I have 135 on the seat and 335 open now. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Your are pretty much there with what you have now. You are more in the hyd roller pressures than hyd flat tappets camshafts. I usually run around 120/300 on hyd flat tappet cams.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I run 225/590 on my hr cam. Those are pretty weak pressures. U need more pressure the higher u plan on spinning it. I spin mine to 8k so u wouldn't need anything like I have.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Depends on what type of engine and what size core and lifter and how they are prepared and broken in. We used like 160 seat and 450 open on normal SBC .842 that were lifter trued and broken in very well with lower pressure. This was on normal Comp and Cam Motion cores and with regular lifters. Idle was kept high like 2500 or more for drag race usage and cams were very smooth. We use that much all the time of Ford Windsor stuff in circle track as well and have never had a cam go flat so far but they are a bigger core and have bigger .875 lifters.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Just saw that you said flat hydraulic as these were all flat tappet solids. Also lifters must be in great shape and spin easily in every bore like all flat tappet stuff or you will go flat right away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts