Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have good / horror stories on mattress buying?

Looking at queen size mattress and thinking of getting a head / foot adjustable base.

Looks like pricing starts around $900 for a no-name adjustable frame and a ZInus mattress in a box and goes up to about $3000 for a mid-range Tempurpedic and frame.

We put a cheaper memory foam in our trailer that we really like (but don't use it a ton). Our normal house mattresses are all traditional coil spring design. The one we are replacing has a pillow top and was a cheapie who's time is due.

Anyone really regret going full memory foam for an every day mattress?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Just got a Tempurpedic with adjustable frame and love it. It took some time for it to 'soften' up but once it did, I've never slept so good. We went King, proadapt- firm and its nice. The adjustable base is convenient while watching tv or just getting comfy.

Tim

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I got an adjustable frame to help w/ acid reflux. Seams to help if I can stay sleeping on my back.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
We replaced our old Sleep Number with a new i8 with adjustable split top and both agree we never slept better. I like a rock hard bed and tried their top of the line i10 and even with the setting at 100 it was way to soft. Another bonus is the snore button. Actually work pretty damn good.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yep got two twin xl mattress and adjustable frames put together same size as a king less money and you both have seperate adjustability. Works great. You can have two different mattresses if needed.

·
0FKSGVN
1,412 Posts
Tempurpedic Breeze here in king and adjustable base with vibrate. Love it. But you'll spend 5-7 k for that setup. Mine was 7k.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
been threw 2 tempurpedic breeze mattress's! great for 1 year then they sag, put me in the hospital with hip bursitis. and that no hot spot gimmick is all bullshit too. I had to fight with them to get the 1st one ($4500 king bed) replaced with an equal model after it sagged in the hip area over 1", new one started sagging and lasted lasted 8 months and the replacement was not warrantied (should tell you something right there). not to mention the fucking off gassing of the mattress smells like a fucking sex toy for weeks. JUNK JUNK JUNK.
we ended up going to a split king set up (2 XL twin mattresses ) from Wink beds, awesome service and they match you for your size ,weight and sleeping style. both are on on steel adjustable base units I got off amazon. super quiet motors and very strong. great for acid reflux, leg pains or just watching tv. check out Wink beds especially if you are a picky sleeper, have back issues or weight issue's. they got great reviews!

·
Registered
665 Posts
We went with Tempurpedic mattresses and adjustable vibrating bases. We have a king bed and wanted independent adjustment for each side so we have two twin extra longs. We opted for the softest quick reacting foam. They're about 8 years old now and haven't sagged, settled, or anything. They're fantastic.

I'm a side sleeper and would have terrible shoulder pain on coil mattresses. The shoulder pain instantly went away with the Tempurpedic and I've never slept better. It's a spendy setup, but well worth it for us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts