Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matt Smith does it again. Bike dies, Rick Stewart makes the other guy wait for him and Smith goes on to win 1st round.

·
2 wheels,no cage,250mph
6,995 Posts
On the nhra results page it said after his burnout he couldn't get it out of gear.So he shut it off and re started it so he could stage.I was under the impression you could not re start unless you were instructed to shut the bike off by the starter.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's good sportsmanship to allow the other racer time. I doubt Matt wanted to have to shut his bike off and worry about restarting it. Who ever is meant to win will win. It's better to see a racer win or lose cause they had a chance to race. Whether anyone believes it or not, all things work out in the end.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
It's good sportsmanship to allow the other racer time. I doubt Matt wanted to have to shut his bike off and worry about restarting it. Who ever is meant to win will win. It's better to see a racer win or lose cause they had a chance to race. Whether anyone believes it or not, all things work out in the end.
We said Champ!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Agreed to a certain extent but when it becomes a common occurance and the results keep being the same you need to get your stuff right or get off the track. Keep doing this and see what other games racers start playing. This aint grudge racing.

·
Registered
66 Posts
When it comes to racing, I'm as straight up as you can find. I don't believe in playing games. If someone is playing games and not just having problems they're having trouble finding, that will cost them sooner or later. It's way more fun to see a game player get their butt handed to them by someone that's not. My guess is that Matt has a problem or problems he has not been able to find. I say this cause at an earlier race he stated he was having problems and it was used against him. It's not always easy to find a problem when it's not completely broken. I don't think anyone would take the chance of shutting off a V-Twin on purpose knowing what they're like to get restarted. Haters will always hate regardless of the truth.

·
Registered
7,210 Posts
When it comes to racing, I'm as straight up as you can find. I don't believe in playing games. If someone is playing games and not just having problems they're having trouble finding, that will cost them sooner or later. It's way more fun to see a game player get their butt handed to them by someone that's not. My guess is that Matt has a problem or problems he has not been able to find. I say this cause at an earlier race he stated he was having problems and it was used against him. It's not always easy to find a problem when it's not completely broken. I don't think anyone would take the chance of shutting off a V-Twin on purpose knowing what they're like to get restarted. Haters will always hate regardless of the truth.
when you race you need to be ready for any scenario.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts