Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how are they compared to turbonectics, garret, precision! are they capable of 7second quarters and 4 second eight mile passes!

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
The answer to the thread title is, no.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use the masterpower t70s.A buddy of mine been using them for almost 3 years now running 5.50s all day long with a sbf.I think there the best budget build turbos for the money.

·
Registered
614 Posts
They hold up very well, they are actually a legitimate company out of brazil. Not like a chinese reman knock off. Are they the caliber of Garrett and the other big names, no. But they arent marketed as that, they will make respectible numbers for the size in which they are grouped. Out of 30 or so kits my buddy has built for fox bodies that use master power t70s (the base kit) they have no had 1 fail. Thats not a huge volume, but that does speak well of them. If a mp is all thats in your budget i'd say go for it. But if your looking to go those times you may want to reconsider your goals if precision and the likes are not in your budget.

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
I've opened up the Master Power T70 (probably their most common). It is a copy of a Garrett P-trim turbine wheel with a little different "clip" angle cast into it. The compressor wheel is just a copy of an older design "T70" and has been outdated for quite some time...but it's still a turbo thus it still makes boost. Bearings are copies of garrett and the sizes are the same too. Most internal stuff is interchangable... you could say it's a Brazilian copy instead of Chinese. But...FWIW, Ford powerstroke's Garrett turbos have been built in Brazil for years. MP may have been one of the former Garrett guys...not sure how they came about.

fwiw...Most I've ever seen out of a single MPT70 is about 550rwhp on a sbf.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Maybe on a go-cart it could hit those times with the right engine

·
Registered
10,482 Posts
in a 3100lb fox with a home built kit,cheap air to air and a mp t-70,we went 9.87 @139 with a stock shortblock 302.nothing special just a cheap home build car.

·
الكتاب ا
6,697 Posts
classic boost said:
i guy local to me made 591 on pump gas and meth.
Oh, I'm not saying it can't be done...but I've never seen real stellar numbers out of them.

I have however seen a Garrett-based 70mm turbo that made 730rwhp.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mine made 1477rwhp with a pair of MP gt-45's. (actually a 68mm inlet)
They are a decent turbo for the money. Like was stated above they are not the most current designs but they do work.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Most of the people that bash them have never owned them or used them. It's always "my buddy said this, or I read this", very rarely any 1st hand experience from the haters. Good turbo for the money, and if you're looking for a good deal on new ones, VSracing has great prices and Viren is a good guy to deal with. As far as 7 sec 1/4's and 4 sec 1/8's, I can't say yes or no. In the words of so many others, "it depends".

·
Registered
362 Posts
Pair of 61mm units made 895 rwhp on my 408ci small blcok mopar....

I've got a new pair of larger frame 67's...(look just like the turbos in the video but the vids wheels look bigger...probably the 76mm version)

Ran the 61's all last year with a best of 5.65 at 127 at 3400lbs...

I also upgraded the heads(went from rougly 270-280cfm head(edelbrock) to a 330 cfm head(Indy 230cc) and more camshaft to accompany the heads....

Hope the new turb hold up well for me .

Just trying to get the shortblcok back together now...should be up and runing soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts