Yellow Bullet Forums banner

281 - 297 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
wheat from the silos added some 'fuel'
Doubtful. The smoke in the air contains enough combustible particulate (fuel) to cause the secondary explosion. The smoke, ash, and whatever other combustibles were in close proximity were enough. It is how basically all off the Ammonium Nitrate accidents occur. The Nitrogen Oxides provide the oxygen, the particulates and surrounding combustibles are the fuel, it flashes at a high enough temp to cause the Ammonium Nitrate to go kaboom.

If you want the Tianji disaster, just before the last and largest explosion you can see the smaller flash of the pariculates and the oxides that set off the bulk of the Ammonium Nitrate.

·
Registered
32,027 Posts
When the wheat silos ruptured a lot of dust was released, it had to contribute something. Violent dust explosions occur and destroy grain elevators and silos with no AN involved.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Let me first say, from the very bottom of my heart,,fuck them, I hope they all die.

I haven't forgotten rhe celebrating in the streets they did after 911..so once more, fuck them all to hell and back.

America needs a better memory.

·
Registered
5,608 Posts
Bottom line. Fertilizer explosion my ass.Fwiw we have a couple Lebanese families that immigrated to our area many years ago. Very upstanding people. They admit their government is less than upstanding. But then again where do ours sit?🤔

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Bottom line. Fertilizer explosion my ass.Fwiw we have a couple Lebanese families that immigrated to our area many years ago. Very upstanding people. They admit their government is less than upstanding. But then again where do ours sit?🤔
USA at the very top, Canada about 50-60 down on the list and Lebanon about 80-100 spots behind you.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
^ there would have been a distinguishable third explosion had the grain dust detonated. Second explosion destroyed one side of the elevators and the grain dust may have burned but since it wasn't contained, there wouldn't have been an explosion.
That's not to say that grain dust ain't some bad shit. With more modern ventilation and safety protocals, it does't destroy nearly as many elevators as it used to.

·
Premium Member
15,281 Posts
Let me first say, from the very bottom of my heart,,fuck them, I hope they all die.

I haven't forgotten rhe celebrating in the streets they did after 911..so once more, fuck them all to hell and back.

America needs a better memory.
I feel you.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
I guess you've never seen a grain elevator dust explosion. Never mind the AN fueled by grain dust, grain dust by itself is capable of huge conflagrations.

Definitely, but the grain elevators likely didn't contribute much if any to the this blast. But how a grain elevator explosion happens is exactly the type of explosion that sets off a Ammonium Nitrate explosion. Maybe there were under ground auger shafts running to the warehouse, or an open silo might have contributed to the flash that caused the Ammonium Nitrate reaction. Who knows. I just have my doubts.

281 - 297 of 297 Posts