Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great turn out yesterday for the final MPC Real Street Race. The track was excellent all day long. Thank you Mason Dixon for putting the effort into the track recently. It is really showing. They sprayed and drug the track several times throughout the day and several racers were on the rear bumper on a 275:p Can't wait for next year.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree Russ track was great all day. I had a great time. I'm hoping we can get some races scheduled there next year.

Chris S.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Great turn out yesterday for the final MPC Real Street Race. The track was excellent all day long. Thank you Mason Dixon for putting the effort into the track recently. It is really showing. They sprayed and drug the track several times throughout the day and several racers were on the rear bumper on a 275:p Can't wait for next year.
X2 ^^

Looks like MPC Real Street found their new home track :party
Congrats on the new PB Russ! :supz:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
X2 ^^

Looks like MPC Real Street found their new home track :party
Congrats on the new PB Russ! :supz:
Thanks. Car has been a .44 on radials before but all in all that track would have held a lot more yesterday if I could have figured it out. Are you running real street next year?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Also a BIG thanks to Custom Towing!!

Chris S.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I will agree with this.
The track was great!!!
My buddy Gary Keller in the Rambler Wagon had consistent 60fts on drag radials all day long. After watching the green nova carry the fronts way past the 60fts...I knew it was going to be a good day.
Congrats to Donnie Nesselrodte on winning the MD real street class.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I will agree with this.
The track was great!!!
My buddy Gary Keller in the Rambler Wagon had consistent 60fts on drag radials all day long. After watching the green nova carry the fronts way past the 60fts...I knew it was going to be a good day.
Congrats to Donnie Nesselrodte on winning the MD real street class.
Tell your buddy Gary, That Travis in Flintstone said hey............... I'm sure he had an interesting take on the barometric pressure and the traction yesterday. ;) Gary is about as cool as they get.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Tell your buddy Gary, That Travis in Flintstone said hey............... I'm sure he had an interesting take on the barometric pressure and the traction yesterday. ;) Gary is about as cool as they get.
Will do... your right, Gary is one cool cat..:cool:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Will do... your right, Gary is one cool cat..:cool:
Only time I ever saw that wagon on a trailer was hooked to the back of my truck at Mason Dixon after he broke it . Always driven through the gate LONG before yesterdays race. Cool with a capital 'C" ...........

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
That's great to hear man. Next year is showing major promise. I'm hoping to have my field filler for next year done.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
I had a great time running Real Street at Mason Dixon Dragway this week... In fact, had a great time all season but this last race was a fine ending to the season.

Track surface was great and it was cool to race at such a nice faucility.

I really hope Mason Dixon picks our class up for next season.

Congrats to Russ on the PB and Charlie for the win.

Will

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Will do Matt. I will call tomorrow. Not a personal best but very close. I went a 5.37 on slicks last year but switched to radials this year. I have been a 5.44 130 best this year. I ran a 5.49 129 at Dixon. Track was great all day long.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the props guys. Jake and I have busted our butts this year coming up with the right combo to make the track hook for you. I was filling in for Jake on Saturday. Can sure tell ya Saturday and Sundays track prep sure made for some great pics. Would love to see you all again for several of these races. Jake is on the ball with track prep. Gotta feeling its only gonna get better

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Some were wondering about running slicks. I don't think anything was said in the rules about tires for the Real street class. Some ran dots and wish they would have brought slicks.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the props guys. Jake and I have busted our butts this year coming up with the right combo to make the track hook for you. I was filling in for Jake on Saturday. Can sure tell ya Saturday and Sundays track prep sure made for some great pics. Would love to see you all again for several of these races. Jake is on the ball with track prep. Gotta feeling its only gonna get better
It shows. I would like to get out and test with a few of the guys before the year is over. I am thinking of November 2nd. Do you know if you will run any 1/4 mile that day? I am trying to get a few racers I know that run 4.80s on radials to come out and play. I would really like to see if the track could hold a 4 second radial pass this year.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had a great time running Real Street at Mason Dixon Dragway this week... In fact, had a great time all season but this last race was a fine ending to the season.

Track surface was great and it was cool to race at such a nice faucility.

I really hope Mason Dixon picks our class up for next season.

Congrats to Russ on the PB and Charlie for the win.

Will
Couldn't agree more. Count down to next season begins. See you at the meeting.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts