• Plastic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Phil,

I dont have a Nova, but if you want to make one for a 66 Chevelle, I would take plastic.

Bob

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
Monty Mikho said:
Isn't aluminum an option?
good point. how about alUmInIum (say it like the Britts do, My new Boss is from England. He KILLS me with his "English", LOL).

Bob

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
No I should be so lucky. He has a 78 Turbo Trans am with the 401 (or whatever that turd was), draw through system. he has about 15,000 into the car & it still barely runs. some folks are just gluttin for punishment. I gotta hand it to him, though, talk about someone thats willing to stick to it & make it work. :shock: :shock: :shock: . Nice guy actually, just, he gots a funny accent to his speach.

Bob

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Monty Mikho said:
Isn't aluminum an option?
Alum. would be an alround option, how ever the question for the pol referes to OEM style. While alum. would most likley be most of our choice. The stamping tools to form the alum. to the OEM design would not be cost effective.

Thanks for the input Monty

You going to be able to make it to our show again this year, it's June 4th. at the same place.

Also if I sent you a copy of the flyer could you post it for me

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
For sure Phil... Send the picture and I will host it and send you the link to post it... or I can post it for ya.. :D Im not sure about June 4th.. :oops:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey yooze blokes aint nuffing funny bout our acsents cor blimey its our bloody language ya gonna made all funny like wit dem accents yooze got
god save the queen or any queen if she has nice mellons i can bonk
toot toot ole chap matey

·
Registered
19,907 Posts
fenderwheels

i dont give a dam what its made of-just make one that fits-everyone that i ever tried needs new or bigger holes drilled-if plastic, i would rather have no holes drilled, then drill my own-at least they would fit
if im going for the show finish, then its metal(but its mandatory to trial fit first so you can redrill the holes correctly b4 painting
DID I mention make one that fits?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Phil ol buddy.. You get a line on some plastic ones let me know. I just bought a set of those junk Unlimited fiberglass ones becuase I thought they might be lighter than others, waited 6 weeks to get them and they suck. They are almost as heavy as the steel ones with all their bondo and crap. Worst fiberglass work I've ever seen. I want some plastic ones like GM makes, or lighter :twisted:

·
Super Moderator
35,256 Posts
John I was very happy with the fiberglass ones I got for my camaro from GlassTek.... just scuff and paint. Look identical to factory steel ones.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I cheaped out... I looked at Glasstek, deliver times were about the same but they don't ship UPS so shipping was a lot more. Overall the unlimited's were quite a bit cheaper, but not if you figure in the cleanup work you have to do to them and if you value your time any.

I really like the idea of some cheap, blow molded ones, something super light that will pass tech. Personally I don't like fenderwells anyway, they get in the way working on things but they are required in my class.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts