Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Turbocharged another BBC
6,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got Mark Wolfe's AA/AT NHRA Comp car down here this past month for some more upgrades.

You might remember this Thunderbird when Hurley Blakely drove it back in the mid 90s. It was the fastest door slammer in NHRA back then and today holds the world record for MPH (218.69) and ET (6.40) in AA/AT, with the help of his tuner Job Spetter JR

Since then we've helped Mark out by updating the turbochargers, wastegates, intercooler, rear end and finally this year with new turbo headers.

I had Nick snap a few photos of the drivers side header. I'll see if I can have him dig up some pictures of the intercooler upgrade we did last year. It turned out really nice. We even reused some of the pieces from the original i/c that
Duttweiller built.

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
looks awesome guys!

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Subscribing to see if Mihovetz enters this thread.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Looks Great George! I'm trying to get him a CGI Block.. as he's probably told you. They are sure hard to come by right now. Not sure if you remember me, Jeff Mill... You worked on my dads (Doug) GLH Omni back in the day.. intercooler work... or maybe it was Mr. Munos (Sp?) ... Remember the ol' "FLYNBOX" ? 12 second Omni? lol Anyway, just wanted to say hey!

I know Mark can hardly wait to get that monster back on the track. Lookin good!

Have fun this year!

Take care.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I want to know what Mark had to do to get you to build them so he can turn the front wheels -:butthead:

·
Turbocharged another BBC
6,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to know what Mark had to do to get you to build them so he can turn the front wheels -:butthead:
Have the guy that installed the engine move it forward about a................fucking foot. :finga: and spend more money.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i remember this car when it was on this coast (east) and it went 210mph at e-town. definitly awesome. does the aeromotive car run in aa/at? i believe it went 219 and some change.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Sweet lookin' ride. What's the spec's on this car? and does anyone have a link to the AA/AT rules that it runs in?

·
TRZ Rocks!
3,737 Posts
Looks Great George! I'm trying to get him a CGI Block.. as he's probably told you. They are sure hard to come by right now. Not sure if you remember me, Jeff Mill... You worked on my dads (Doug) GLH Omni back in the day.. intercooler work... or maybe it was Mr. Munos (Sp?) ... Remember the ol' "FLYNBOX" ? 12 second Omni? lol Anyway, just wanted to say hey!

I know Mark can hardly wait to get that monster back on the track. Lookin good!

Have fun this year!

Take care.
Off subject, but you got any pictures of the GLH? I had one years ago and miss it like hell. Car was a blast,

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
17,077 Posts
I remember that car at E-Town years ago. My father usually doesn't like to watch Comp, but I told him to sit for a little while and watch Hurley run down the track. He makes his pass, my father looks at the scoreboards and says what the hell! Made no noise and was about the fastest car in Comp that weekend. He had is BB/AT there also with someone else driving it.

·
Banned
9,347 Posts
Sweet lookin' ride. What's the spec's on this car? and does anyone have a link to the AA/AT rules that it runs in?
AA/AT is 5.9lb/ci I dont think there is a limit or turbos size but you can use 2 and must use gas.

BB/AT is 8.2lb/ci same rules on turbos/fuel

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Thats not something to be very proud of... hopefully that thing is straightened out now and can run what it should
Ouch!!!!

On our budget and limited turbo knowledge I am proud of that record useing a 10 year old engine setup in a 15 year old car.

I had never even been around a turbo car until I got this and every run we make it is a HUGE learning curve. We have gone faster then alot of teams with big budgets and crews. At the track alot of the time it's just my GF Dana and I. She does the clutch between rounds and I do the rest.

I have to thank George and the crew at Turbo Tech and Job Spetter at Turbo People. Without them all I would have done so far is burn up engine parts...lol...Can't wait to get it all back together and make some hits.:cool:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts