Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just herd that maybe the track has been sold. Can anyone confirm? Also herd if it did sell, it wouldn't be open to public next year. Except a few select races. Hope not, since its only a 20 minute tow from my house!

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I have heard this going around, some shit about Jegs buying it...from what I know at least as of Friday it was not sold and still owned by the current owners... FYI this goes around every few years when people get upset with them. I find it funny that it always Jegs that is buying it when I would think that MCIR is the LAST thing they want.

The way things are going now don't be surprised if it is not open except for a few special Saturdays and Fridays. Lets just hope for the best to what ever happens to MCIR. As long as it doesn't end up on the abandoned drag strip thread I will still have hope for them!

·
Registered
779 Posts
I have heard this going around, some shit about Jegs buying it...from what I know at least as of Friday it was not sold and still owned by the current owners... FYI this goes around every few years when people get upset with them. I find it funny that it always Jegs that is buying it when I would think that MCIR is the LAST thing they want.

The way things are going now don't be surprised if it is not open except for a few special Saturdays and Fridays. Lets just hope for the best to what ever happens to MCIR. As long as it doesn't end up on the abandoned drag strip thread I will still have hope for them!
I think Jegs has more sense than to by that turd of a place. Maybe if the track did a better job of prep, running a program, and just making improvements to the place they would not be in a bad spot?

I have been there twice, both times the prep was terrible and the track surface was about on par with Dragway 42...

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im not here to knock them. I herd the same thing about Jegs buying it. Just hope they stay open. Might not be the best track, to some. But it works for me.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well time will tell I guess. Just hope it stays open and who ever owns it will make improvements.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I heard it was a major shit hole to and the reason I never went up there
A shit hole compared to what Norwalk? Sure... but some well known Norwalk racers come and run there on the off weeks.

Everyone always wants to bash MCIR and I am with natesomer that the questions was not asked to bash the place. Not asking anyone to show up either but if you live in central Ohio there are a lot of racers who don't race there anymore but MCIR is the reason they got into this sport! Myself included but in my opinion if any track in Ohio closes it hurts all of us... be it a shit hole or not!

·
Registered
779 Posts
A shit hole compared to what Norwalk? Sure... but some well known Norwalk racers come and run there on the off weeks.

Everyone always wants to bash MCIR and I am with natesomer that the questions was not asked to bash the place. Not asking anyone to show up either but if you live in central Ohio there are a lot of racers who don't race there anymore but MCIR is the reason they got into this sport! Myself included but in my opinion if any track in Ohio closes it hurts all of us... be it a shit hole or not!
Not bashing, just telling the truth. It is bad when a track closes, but there is no one to blame but the owners/managment.

The track has a good location, the middle of no where so you don't have to worry about people trying to shut it down. If they would put money into the surface of the track and actually prep it the problems would be solved.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Yeah, they should just repave the whole track with all the money mark has sitting around.

We have not made it there this year, but last year we went for a quick 16 and went a 4.68 with a 1.05 60ft. Norwalk it is not, but I wouldn't call it a shit hole by any means. Mark has been making improvement as often as he can(it seems me at least). The score boards didn't even work when mark took over.

·
Registered
224 Posts
If someone buys it i will go back and race there never got paid $1000 for quick 16 win!I don't like to see tracks close either but when you don't get paid it really pisses you off!

·
Registered
105 Posts
mcir is no norwalk but mcir is no shit hole plenty of parking flat ground -central location i have been going to that track for over 30 years lots of fast cars has been down that track -- so don't knock it till you been there someones always knocking the track we all should be happy its evens there so we don't have to travel so far

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hmm, Any info about what Jegs' plans for it ?
I heard they are going to use it for a (of all things) a drag strip......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mark has made improvements where he can. Unless u got some big cash laying around, its hard to make huge improvements when car counts are down. I know a 3/10 mile circle track that's getting repaved and the estimate for that was$ 85,000. So what would it cost to do a 1/2 mile? Hope the best for the race track and hopefully it stays open!

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
There's only two things i'd really complain about and ones more prevelant than the other.

If I had to complain about one thing its probably the Timing boards. Like everyone else said.. improvements cost money.

The track surface is sometimes hit or miss, Personally.. I prefer to go to a TNT on a Saturday between rounds of their weekly points stuff.
I know alot of people that only go there because of the lax rules and tech inspections. We ran my former roommates 03 Evo there or at Dragway 42 just for those reasons (9 sec car with no cage). Which I hope doesn't come back to haunt them for getting sued over someone getting hurt

I hope they continue to stay open and have a decent program at some point upgrading it towards the lines of what Milan Dragway is. but that's just my $.02

1 - 20 of 22 Posts