Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to help a friend of mine....he's an older guy with a 1976 boat powered by a 1976 Johnson Seahorse 135 outboard. Despite the boat/motor's age, he's been able to keep them both in good condition and is trying to avoid buying a new boat because this one runs so well..... Anyhow, the power tilt/trim cylinders finally gave up on him....one blew out a dime sized hole and I'm sure the other isn't in much better condition. Does anyone know where I could locate a replacement tilt/trim assembly new or used or the parts needed to rebuild/repair what he has? I realize this is an absolute long shot and if it wasn't for the fact that he's a really nice old timer I wouldn't even bother trying due to the age of it, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Tom

·
On the roller...
15,867 Posts

·
On the roller...
15,867 Posts

·
On the roller...
15,867 Posts
So depending on what all you may need, it looks like some things may be obsolete, but it may help to use the diagrams and part numbers to source something that may work?

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So depending on what all you may need, it looks like some things may be obsolete, but it may help to use the diagrams and part numbers to source something that may work?
Yeah I've hit many walls tryin to find the parts....but I'll check out what you posted and see if maybe they have any ideas.... But thanks for looking!!!
Tom

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Try Outboard Recycle. do a search on Google. we used them quite a bit and they were great to deal with.

mardyn

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try Outboard Recycle. do a search on Google. we used them quite a bit and they were great to deal with.

mardyn
Will do....thanks!

At this point I'll try anything....lol probably the only shot I have is some sort of antique boat/motor junkyard.... :(

·
Registered
332 Posts
Arco has what you need.I can get almost any motor you need.
If you need any hard to find parts call me.804-338-1978
Ellis Vial
Riverside Motorworks Inc.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just looked on ebay,they have 3 units on there for $250.00 each.You need to make sure that your unit is a 2 or 3 wire unit.if you have a 3 wire you can buy a converter to make a 2 wire work.
all me and let me know if this helps.
Ellis
Riverside Motorworks Inc.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts