Votes: 0 0.0%
  • one lane over the other lane (left lane always) or (right lane always) rule

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
140th phuckstick bitches
13,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need the help of the yellow bullet racers on this one.
Race promoters you count also!

*Index class racing

* The pass results are a MOV of (0000) a tie, which car should get the win?

·
Put Custom Title HERE!...
56,427 Posts
Right lane!...
Apparently the computer broke it down one more place, but didn't print it out!...

Other than that, I'd say Left lane by virtue of R.T.!... :cool:

·
Registered
649 Posts
Makes me think the timing software is only displaying 4 decimal places, but is calculating to many more.

·
In Glock I Trust
6,655 Posts
The 1 closest to the dial in.

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
computer had to carry it out more on the decimals....there is no other way to determine the winner based on the other info.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That is not a Real Compulink Timeslip.
We only print out 3 places past the decimal point on everything but MOV.
And yes the computer goes out more than what is shown for calculation of winner.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
It actually carries it out to 9 digits (or more on some sytems) but only shows 3,4, or 5 on the slip. Some times it will show all of the digits on the printout in the tower.

·
YB Managing Editor
51,141 Posts
They are both .0021 so it's either the closest to the index or it's out another decimal and just not printed. What we need is the IT guy that works on these timing systems to tell us what other parameters are used when there is a race like this.

Is it the speed? 184.55 to the 164.10?

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
They are both .0021 so it's either the closest to the index or it's out another decimal and just not printed. What we need is the IT guy that works on these timing systems to tell us what other parameters are used when there is a race like this.

Is it the speed? 184.55 to the 164.10?
The system calcs more digits....mph has nothing to do with it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have 3 timeslips like this 2 were .000 and 1 was .0000 all left lane at 2 different tracks.I was better on rt on 2 worse on 1 and lost them all?:(:-damnit

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
It's a conspiracy.....Bob just thought anyone who runs the left lane is a loser.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Originally Posted by Blind Mule
It actually carries it out to 9 digits (or more on some sytems) but only shows 3,4, or 5 on the slip. Some times it will show all of the digits on the printout in the tower.

blind mule is correct.

·
140th phuckstick bitches
13,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
The "rules" used to determine the win in this case is by the car with the highest mph.
Both cars run throttle stops so why is the slower mph the looser when the index is 8.90.
The car to cross the finish line with better reaction time should win in my opinion.

This is a time slip from an on-line game it's not a "real world" issue by any means... lol

I've been in a real world spot at milan where there were a odd number of cars for the next round and the by run was called with the driver with the best reaction time for that spot. Got the by three times that day ;)

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
Seriously.....the answer has been given like 30 times!!!!

The car w/ the pic of the mailbox in the passenger side window wins

·
I have a liter of cola
7,101 Posts
OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!

Regardless if this is an online game or not...With todays timing systems the "old rule" of MPH has nothing to do with it.

Nor does total package..

RT..

Pecker extender color..

Day of the week..

RT lane or LT lane..

The computer takes the data out to the decimal point needed to determine the winner. The winner is the first person to cross the stripe w/o breaking out, crossing the centerline or red lighting.

Just because a piece of paper says the MOV is 0.000 doesn't mean the computer hasn't calculated it out far enough to determine the winner based on this criteria

1 - 20 of 27 Posts