Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Super Chevy used to be a good show once upon a time. Drag racing, car show, cars for sale, swap meet, vendors midway ... they used to be fun. I can't speak to Maple Grove but I've personally quit attending them. We've been to many different venues over the past 25+ years and they're going down hill quickly. In Louisiana and Texas they're not worth the time any longer. In fact, the one at The Motorplex got so pathetic that they also do a Ford and Mopar show on the same weekend. I used to really enjoy these shows and hope yours isn't dead yet but ours are.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Definitely not what it use to be. I rarely go anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it worth while going anymore? Turnout decent?
I no longer attend mainly due to how it is run now at Maple Grove. I can't speak to other facilities. I started going in 1986 and last year was the 1st year I missed on purpose. It went down hill after the Gustin's sold the series. I've raced off and on at Maple Grove for the last 20 years and always looked forward to that event. It's just not what it used to be. The "Chevrolet" trailer hasn't been there in at least 5 years, hardly any vendors on the Midway and swap meet is so small, you could walk through and be done in under an hour. The show cars used to fill the fields and now their lucky to fill half of it.The diehard racers still show but when you have 6 to 8 hours between runs, it's no longer fun. Just my opinion. I miss the old days...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm going to check it out this year, younger brother is racing his LS powered s10. It's probably been 2 or 3 yrs since I've went to this show. Last time there the swap meet was smaller then previous years. Show was better years ago also. but hey it is racing.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Indy used to be huge! Last year it was there I was sick and car was down, man it as always hot in July, don't see how we did it with no enclosed trailers for shade.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
MG used to be huge, used to invite a ton of pro mods. great show in every aspect. I stopped going.... 7 years ago or so?

·
Pontiac "big block"
9,637 Posts
Super Chevy kicked ass at NED, but they pulled out and the show that took its place sucked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts