Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15,849 Posts
Each with their own agenda, and each worried they won't get ALL the money. It's common knowledge among MG racers that Mike Lewis made a bid to buy the track long ago, perhaps 30 years ago, and couldn't make it work. Mike is part of that family and still couldn't make a deal. Mike was running the track at the time. He left and went to work for NHRA running the Indy track when that didn't work. It's unfortunate that it didn't happen, Mike being in control would have been the best thing that ever happened to MG.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Maple is a real nice track. Been awhile ago since I paid to get thru the gate. With that said I have no intention to return there for any reason. Wish them the best but... without me.

·
Registered
16,182 Posts
Each with their own agenda, and each worried they won't get ALL the money. It's common knowledge among MG racers that Mike Lewis made a bid to buy the track long ago, perhaps 30 years ago, and couldn't make it work. Mike is part of that family and still couldn't make a deal. Mike was running the track at the time. He left and went to work for NHRA running the Indy track when that didn't work. It's unfortunate that it didn't happen, Mike being in control would have been the best thing that ever happened to MG.
Badar would have done good things there too, but they jacked him off. He is the best promoter in drag racing

·
Registered
15,849 Posts
Badar would have done good things there too, but they jacked him off. He is the best promoter in drag racing
Let me guess - He wouldn't do it for free, plus do it all their way, plus kiss ass all the while? Or did they want him to contribute money to the effort as well?

·
Registered
16,182 Posts
Let me guess - He wouldn't do it for free, plus do it all their way, plus kiss ass all the while? Or did they want him to contribute money to the effort as well?
He was hired to "oversee" the operation for a season, then he wanted to buy it. You can Google it the story.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,766 Posts
Got a link? I know that much of the story, but it seemed to be a secret about how/why it ended.
They upped the price after he showed them what could be done and he said no thanks. Bet they wish they stuck to their original deal with him now. Greed always gets in the way.

·
Registered
15,849 Posts
They upped the price after he showed them what could be done and he said no thanks. Bet they wish they stuck to their original deal with him now. Greed always gets in the way.
That is believable.

Makes the likelihood of a sale to anyone, developers or racers, unlikely in the near future, so bad news/good news.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts