Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did the sale fall through? Rumor has it that the 4 parties that wanted to purchase it backed out.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I just hope someone buys it up and saves this race facility and continues to operate/improve it!

·
Registered
15,669 Posts
More than likely, there won't be a racing season this year.
I think we will have a 1/2 season. Maybe start up around mid July. But car counts could be lower than usual cause people were out of work for so long ,it might be best if tracks just stayed closed till next year when people (racers and fans) get back on their feet a bit.

·
EFI/N2O JUNKIE
16,598 Posts
I think we will have a 1/2 season. Maybe start up around mid July. But car counts could be lower than usual cause people were out of work for so long ,it might be best if tracks just stayed closed till next year when people (racers and fans) get back on their feet a bit.
Problem is some of the tracks expenses do no stop because they aren't open for business. If they are lucky to own the facility outright then they "only" have their taxes to pay. Do some research, one of our small local tracks pays close to $80k just in property taxes, where does that money come from if they don't open?

·
Registered
15,669 Posts
Problem is some of the tracks expenses do no stop because they aren't open for business. If they are lucky to own the facility outright then they "only" have their taxes to pay. Do some research, one of our small local tracks pays close to $80k just in property taxes, where does that money come from if they don't open?
I hear ya man. I know very well what it costs to operate a track. I know the bills still roll in if the gates are open or not

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
It is dead for now, the hold up was the buyer's wanted everything appraised, it came back only worth 5.2 million, the group offered 6 mill, and they turned it down, so it is dead for now, ... Maybe after all this virus bullshit they'd be better off selling it.

·
Registered
15,354 Posts
I'm facebook friends with one of the individuals trying to buy the track. He didn't post anything about backing out.
One principal that I'm FB friends with did post that he backed out. Wasn't an official statement, he just replied to a comment that he was relieved that he had backed out in light of what is happening.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Gary is a good guy n not trying to start shit. Just trying to figure where the deal is at. From the current world situation I’d say it’s on hold. Nice facility for sure but things don’t always go as planned in these times.

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
Sorry i was harsh, just want things normal again , hope the deal can work out , hope all the tracks will be ok when this mess is over

·
time to go racing yet ?
31,942 Posts
what a bummer, im sure right about now maple grove is wishing the papers where signed right about now.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts