Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nobody has really done much with the steering on the Lightnings; I think AJE sold a few manual rack kits years ago, and a few people have done power rack and pinions.

Anybody have any insight on doing a manual R&P on a full size truck? The truck is still street driven a good bit. Its about 3800# in street trim; has 235's up front, and a spool out back.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Madman did one on a buddys 2006 chevy 1500. He now sells a "kit" for the Chevys .. Around 800 bux I think .. His isn't running yet ..

·
Registered
351 Posts
Frank02L did one for his Lightning a few years ago with a Pinto rack, IIRC.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Nobody has really done much with the steering on the Lightnings; I think AJE sold a few manual rack kits years ago, and a few people have done power rack and pinions.

Anybody have any insight on doing a manual R&P on a full size truck? The truck is still street driven a good bit. Its about 3800# in street trim; has 235's up front, and a spool out back.

I'm the guy casey is talking about. I have an 06 Silverado that Madman did a manual rack coversion done on my truck. Regarding casseys price of 800 is a little short. From what I remember the rack alone was a little over a grand and then the fabrication getting it set up with no bump steer is an issue as well. This rack is the billet one from Flaming Arrow, I think it's called the straight arrow. Fits nice. Don't know how it drives yet though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts