Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone have any info on these? Customer has a set and wants to use them in a build were doing?

All O can find is they are Chinese rods like Eagles.

If you had a choice, would you use these over Eagles in a 850Hp build?

Thanks John

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Anyone have any info on these? Custom has a set and wants to use them in a build were doing?

All I can find is they are Chinese rods like Eagles.

Thanks John
I've used those RM rods in the past but it's been a while. What are the rod bolts John?

·
Registered
549 Posts
The ones we have are arp 8740.We have them in a 930 hp deal.Not ideal but when eng came in car there was several things suspect.That being said my daughter probably made 140 passes last yr and it still going.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Anyone have any info on these? Customer has a set and wants to use them in a build were doing?

All O can find is they are Chinese rods like Eagles.

Thanks John
I would use a set of stock OEM rods over a set of Eagles.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
I have a set out of a RM 632 and they are 6.75" long and they don't look like any eagle rod I've seen, the bolts have a longer register than any other rod bolt I've seen. Before I bought them I called RM and they told me who made the rods but I forget, maybe Manley?

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
I'd be very cautious as to the age of them, even if new, they had a batch with bad thread engagement of the rod bolt threads in the rod that blew up a lot of engines.....
Not worth it...
Put a good rod in it and be done.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies. So this being a budget-guided build, customer is trying to have us reuse what we can.

So these seem like a decent rod for what he's doing. It is +.400 long.

How do the Manley seem to fair vs Eagles? Up here, Eagles are pushing $1,000.00 set. So for 850Hp stock block build, these sound like there probably a step up from Eagles???

·
Registered
14,576 Posts
I have that forging in a lot of 800+ hp engines and one 1K hp engine that's 6 yrs old. RPM is a bigger factor than power but it's a very decent forging.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I have a set out of a RM 632 and they are 6.75" long and they don't look like any Eagle rod I've seen, the bolts have a longer register than any other rod bolt I've seen. Before I bought them I called RM and they told me who made the rods but I forget, maybe Manley?
There you go, now the light bulb just went off. Manley. I knew it was something like that....Thank you BBF612 ;)

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
You could sell them on Racing Junk and buy Molnar direct if you want to be a dealer. Nicer design, better bolts, better QC. 8 counterweight BBC cranks are nice value too.

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You could sell them on Racing Junk and buy Molnar direct if you want to be a dealer. Nicer design, better bolts, better QC. 8 counterweight BBC cranks are nice value too.
Do not see a reason for that. I know there are many other rods out there, but for this power/application/budget not sure there is a need. We have a set of mildly used Eagles and these Manley's. DO NOT need to look any further then what we have "in-hand" for this style build.

·
Registered
66,508 Posts
Unless things have changed over the last ten years or so, all H-Beam rods have been forged overseas --- per David Reher about ten years ago. And as long as I can remember, they have been using Manley rods in their Super Series builds.

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
The Molnar rods are just a newer version of the overseas Scat , Eagle, Ohio Crankshaft, Manley, ETC, H beam rods. Different Foundry, better design, (After working for Oliver for years and owning another rod and crank company before this one), verified QC procedures. Molnar also chose to only have dealers that are machines shops/ Pro engine builders.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts