Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who makes this style of crank mandrel?

My friend bought this motor and has asked my to go through it for him, but I can't get this off of the motor.

I'm wondering if this piece is worth trying to save or not? or should I do what ever it takes to get it off and replace it with a 3 bolt type?

I think I will have to weld a nut onto the stud to get this apart, but the mandrel seems to be stuck on the roll pins also.

Thanks for looking.

·
Wild Addiction
2,299 Posts
it should be just threaded on,....did you lock 2 nuts together and try and back it out ?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it should be just threaded on,....did you lock 2 nuts together and try and back it out ?
Yes, but I can't get it to budge.....Loctite can be a bitch. I have tried double nutting as tight as possible, but the nuts just turn on the stud.

·
Wild Addiction
2,299 Posts
i agree,...i wonder if someone used red Loctite on it?

·
Banned
17,920 Posts
Double nut it and put a rattle gun on the end after smacking the end with a brass hammer. That or heat?

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Looks like it's been pinned to the balancer. Might need to pull those roll pins out first.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is that a conventional head? Who's intake?
Yes, it has some Dart 355's on it, apparently they have been angle milled and ported , the manifold is a Profiler.

We were told the motor has a 16-1 compression ratio and made 1070hp, I'm looking forward to measuring the chambers and runner volumes just to see where they come in at.

I'm going out in a bit to see if I can get this thing apart without a welder.

·
Senior phuckstick
1,801 Posts
Looks like a Moroso unit to me. You need to get the stud out first. Double nut, and tack the out nut to the stud. Once the stud is out, you should be able to wiggle the mandrel free. The roll pins will likely stay in the mandrel coming free from the balancer. The mandrel is inset into the front of the dampener about 3/8".
Again, getting the stud out first is needed, but apparently it's going to be a struggle
Good luck not killing the threads

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I got that sucker out today without wrecking anything :p, it sure had a lot of Loctite on it.

Now to get all the head studs out.....who uses Loctite on head studs :confused:

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I feel your pain, bought a drysump pump that had everything loctited, fun deal getting it apart without ruining it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts