Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
expensive to build?? thought about ditching the foxbody and building a forth gen but SHIT!! everthing is high:-Daw

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
Fox bodies are a dime a dozen and quite a bit lighter stock.Chebby engine parts are cheaper the blue oval so I'm thinking you're talking about the CAR and nothing else.

·
Registered
16,906 Posts
have fun working/ pulling the motor outta one of them. thats the reason i did a 3rd gen

·
Registered
149 Posts
Well if you don't won't to pay for ls power then don't do it, simple!!! And why make a thread about it?

·
Under Construction
4,026 Posts
Well if you don't won't to pay for ls power then don't do it, simple!!! And why make a thread about it?
X2 CMAFR:
Also, see sig :butthead:

·
Fastest mustang roller
3,005 Posts
I know what u mean I own a 4th Gen and I wanted to build it. Then I figured I could buy a fox roller and build it cheaper so I went that route.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
engine pulls are simple on 4th gen.get it in the air and ubolt k member and udon what line are there and shes out withing a easy 1hour and half.thats if ya take ya time.thats front suspension and drivetrane in 1 shot and it will roll out.and thats if its the original power plant etc.

·
green to go
2,147 Posts
did a stocker a few years back....think there was over 6k in suspension /rear/brakes/k member......and the suspesnion stuff wasn't exotic, and front control arms are stock (for rules) .....but that 12 bolt was pricy:rolleyes: but the car works and is only about 2800 with zz4 crate and full interior

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
I know there is a TON of money wrapped up in the suspension of our X275 Camaro. I've never built a fox body from the ground up, but just price shopping it's way cheaper.
With that being said, I am glad the girlfriend wants to race a Mustang!

·
ls1 s/s notch on 28s
25,798 Posts
have a 4th gen was building it went with a notch instead..

suspension and rear end is 3k cheaper alone to do for a stang..thats everything new for each..then factor in all the time and money to get the camaro down in weight of a stang..full tubs,aluminum trunk,glass front end an so on and well it gets up there fast..if i did my my camaro i would have had a easy 12k in just the chassis vs my stang that ill have less then 5k in.

·
its blingtiffic™
9,829 Posts
4 Gens are pricey but it's High School economics. Stangs are like belly buttons 4 Gens aren't.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts