Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
21,168 Posts
Just another reason not to live where there is an HOA. Of course he could just park it in the garage and leave another car outside.

·
time to go racing yet ?
34,801 Posts
bad enough the government taxes us on the property we "own" then you have these scum bags..... but really if you understand a HOA and live in one you only brought it onto yourself if your stuff doesnt look modern or "by the rules"

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Yep. Don't feel sorry for him in the least. Park it somewhere else. Simple fix. Follow the rules, as much as they suck.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Some of these HOA are out of hand and try to rule everything. This guy is probably in for a costly fight that in the end he may not win.

·
Registered
6,824 Posts
As the article mentions the HOAs are nuts in this state but you have to sign up voluntarily in almost every case.

·
Satans Daddy
16,817 Posts
Maybe read the article before inserting your opinion.

·
Registered
11,705 Posts
Some people don't "get" the patina thing, I know I don't.

But even with a paint job you can have a nicely restored car but according to the HOA it is just old and bringing down property values.

·
Survived Drag Week 2018
6,529 Posts

·
Banned
119,191 Posts
More people running hoa's need to be shot to reign in the power hungry bitches with nothing better to do .

·
Age of Acquiescence
31,464 Posts
I was the president of my HOA for 3 years......and on the board for
several years after I relocated with the property then being a rental.

HOA's suck.
HOA's have unqualified people running them, and their budgets.
I took over as the previous old lady ran us into a budget deficit

Read every single rule, before you buy into anything with an HOA.

99.9% of the time, there's BS rules in there that shouldn't be there, but are.

It costs $5,000+ to "amend" the laws if you get a 66% homeowner vote......
Guess who pays the $5,000 fee to amend......homeowners.

Now you have learned something.......and so has this guy.
I actually had the Homeowner support to undo the HOA completely.
Village zoning will not allow it. They collect the taxes, and defer all issues to the HOA

As to this guys fight ??? He's going to lose....
His homeowners association (HOA) hates it. So much so, they are suing him. The bylaws of the HOA in his Chesterfield neighborhood state vehicles with moderately severe body damage can't be parked in the driveway. But Lipka says his classic truck does not have body damage.
In my HOA you couldn't park any vehicle that appeared to be
a work vehicle with or without appurtenances in your driveway

·
Registered
38,365 Posts
Looks like it'll come down to a judge's interpretation of "moderately severe body damage". Myself, I wouldn't live in an HOA-controlled neighborhood if their only rule was to not have sex in your driveway. Your mileage may vary.

I'm not surprised this happened. Every neighborhood in this country has its share of retired neighbors who have little to do other than turn their 'violation radar' on every morning, and even if this guy wins his case he'll be Persona Non Grata as long as he lives there.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
In the same area but not sure if it was the same subdivision they had one where a kid was given his grandfathers old truck and the neighbors threw a fit and wanted it removed from the sub division. I don't remember what happened with it but the same basic BS an older truck and someone didn't like it. The family wanted to keep it because it was given to the kid by his grand father. It was a riding and driving truck as well if I remember correctly.

·
Premium Member
49,715 Posts
Only a lazy dumbass would submit to a HOA.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Just down highway a bit from here. Ive said it for years. Will be a cold day in hell before I buy a place that has HOA. Im not trashy by any means but this is the kind of shit that is ridiculous.

·
Registered
24,752 Posts
Good luck to the guy.

The truck is drivable and registered? Fuck them.

But, it sounds like he is in for a fight on deciding what "Body damage" is defined as.

It will be costly for him most likely. Even if he wins.

·
time to go racing yet ?
34,801 Posts
i wouldnt mind living in a HOA, with a normal 9-5, a prius, some hot blonde, a couple kids..... sounds like a decent liberal life to me ............. this whole country living, working 12hrs a day, diesel pickup, shit is gettin old

1 - 20 of 182 Posts