Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any bad experiences with these distributors. I got a customers car @ my garage with one of these distributors in it, the car has ignition problems but wanted to know if they are worth putting any money into or if I should just put MSD stuff in it and be done with it. Thanks

·
Read Only
0 Posts
If they are optical, they will destroy the sensor if you accidentally put the charger on it with the power on. I blew 2 sensors in a week and took it out forever. No complaints other than that.

·
Registered
27,956 Posts
or

Only issues with them I know of are you must run a voltage regulator. Or keep buying modules for them.

Or you can run a Hyfire. if you run a Hyfire, the unilite module will always get the correct voltage. They are decent ignition systems, they just don't have a lot of the features that the systems from MSD do.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input, as far as features it is on a street rod so it doesn't really matter just need plain jane. Thanks again

·
Registered
11,383 Posts
The only time I had issues blowing out modules was before I read the installation instructions that said ensure you intall a ballast resistor to keep the input voltage no more than their spec which was something less than 8 volts or so off the top of my head. Once I got the voltage down, never had an issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts