Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to double check, was going to run the window switch wire to the ground of the nitrous relay , going to run the timing retard to the solenoids so the timing would only be retarded while the nitrous is actually on. Sound right?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do i ground the relay to the box or do i just run the box to the same ground as the relay? Im not really sure how to test it out.

·
[email protected] JoeCool Performance
2,076 Posts
The only thing I didnt like was that when you want to dry test the solenoids you have to start the car so the box sends the ground signal to the relay.

·
2,076 Posts
Welcome. Its a great lil box and for the price with its features it cant be beat. The 4 cars that I tune have that box per my suggestion.

·
2,076 Posts
Test what, the solenoids? I usually set the window switch as low as it goes then start car so it senses rpm then click the solenoids.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats what i was figuring, it said something in the instructions about it, didnt work. Going to test it tonight or tomorrow.

·
2,076 Posts
The box will pull up to 15 degrees. I usually like to set base timing as low as possible ( around 30 degrees) then retard accordingly. Best way though is to set base as low as possible while still allowing the car to do a burnout and get up on the brake and pull as little as possible to get where you need timing at when you blast it. Leaves less room for error just in case something goes south lol.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im only running about a 150 shot so i guess i can just pull timing at the distributor.

·
2,076 Posts
You have the retard in the box I would use it. No reason not to. A 150 hit isn't much so I dont think youll need to pull alot anyways.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I might just run it to the arming switch . I would be able to feel it pull the timing out. I did test the window switch, working great

1 - 16 of 16 Posts