Yellow Bullet Forums banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Same here, I find a spring with the correct rate, start at what they recommend from bind and go backwards whenever possible. Sometimes the seat pressure may be higher than what is actually needed, but I have yet to see and bad from that.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Have you seen too much seat pressure (over 325#) result in pulled intake rocker stud threads on heads with only 4-5 threads left after porting (BBC Dart Pro 1 CNC 355-365) for example? Do you think a 1 piece shaft mounted rocker bar helps this over just stud mounted rockers?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Generally it does more to get up on the converter but in all fairness it does open the exhaust valve earlier. However it is still going to have a ton of overlap and there's no getting around that other than cam change.
Yea I was more worried about making more boost than anything. They told me they would probably leave the lift alone just take some off the duration they would have to have cam to see if they could take some off first . I'd rather use that cam if possible because it was not cheap it will be bad enough having to get another set of pushrods let alone a cam to.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
Hate to change cam if I can but if I have to I will it's just a big mess would love to make it work if possible. Had to clearance rods to clear it and keyways in lifters had to be modified so don't no what all will change with cam change sure hate to have to pull motor back out and apart.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Whats your lash settings?

Maybe try opening it up more. See if you can find out the last ramp on the cam lobes to determine how large in lash you can go. Open it up to make the cam seem smaller and see if it improves
I did that to just trying something I went .006 looser on both int and exh and it didn't do nothing.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I did not read all your thread, but are you sure your engine is in good mechanical shape? Cylinder leakage % ? Cranking compression # ? Compression # on first revolution? Valve spring seat and open pressure? # torque to turn engine over by hand with plugs out?

81 - 89 of 89 Posts