Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It happend a short time ago in the western part of Los Angeles County, near the Ventura County border. A passenger train (Metrolink) collided with a freight train, both trains on the same track. I'm looking at the scene right now from an ABC TV News chopper. It's ugly. It was head-on and they said that the Metrolink train was running at 79 MPH. The freight was either stopped on the tracks or moving slowly. The locomotive on the passenger train was driven (telescoped) back inside of the first passenger car so you know that there has to be some major trama inside the car, most of the cars are on their side or upside down. The LAFD is trying to get inside the passenger cars to pull out the vitims. Four dead as of this moment, plenty of passengers still inside the cars (6:17 PM PST). There were only three passenger cars making up the train, estimated number of passengers on the train according to Amtrak, 350-400. The train was running between downtown L.A. and out to the Simi Valley area.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Ohhhh. An actual train wreck...I thought Obama was campaigning in your area.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Someone really screwed up. Heads are going to roll over this!

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
A co-worker of mine missed that train this afternoon. Came back to the shop to catch a ride with his brother who drives in. He said that he arrived at Union Station just as the train pulled out. Lucky guy.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't know if this is accurate but the mayor of L.A. said that the toll is now up to 15 dead. The FD has still not been able to get everyone out of the leading pasenger car because the locomotive is also inside the car.

·
Registered
48,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Latest news, and it's a shocker. 25 dead so far, more bodies inside but the FD can't get to them until they lift the locomotive off the victims. But here's the shocker. The engineer of the passenger train (who died in the wreck) went through a red light, and was on his cell phone TEXTING to some friends at the time.

·
Registered
731 Posts
damm fox breaking news reports, made me miss the simpsons:p

·
Registered
731 Posts
Latest news, and it's a shocker. 25 dead so far, more bodies inside but the FD can't get to them until they lift the locomotive off the victims. But here's the shocker. The engineer of the passenger train (who died in the wreck) went through a red light, and was on his cell phone TEXTING to some friends at the time.
ouch so it was as bad as it looked?:eek:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts