Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just switched over to alky and I'm not sure of the maintenance involved . This is a carburetor ed motor. Do I blow ALL the lines out or just the two from the regulator? I emptied the bowls, but should I spray the carb with WD 40 or some other lube? The alcohol I have now has lube in it. Also, Should I always start it with a squirt of gas from a squirt bottle or will it be OK to start it only on alky til it gets colder out? Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
887 Posts
I always left the carb and lines full, at the end of the day of racing just opened the leanout and got it good and hot, right before killing it I spray a good bit of wd40 down each barrel of the carb, shut it off and load up.

If its 80* out or better it would start with just a pump of the throttle, cooler days a splash of gas and it will bust right off.

Always left fuel in it other than the winter months, then would drain the system and add some Marvel Mystery Oil and blow it through the lines with compressed air............some dont even do that...just leave it in.

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Bigblockhorse, no Marvel. I am a die hard Marvel fan but if you look at the FAQ on the Marvel web site they say it is not compatiable with methanol. Use a spray with PTFE in it like Slick 5, Tri-Flow or something similar.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
not to hijack but i was just reading this thread.. after last season i put marvel mystery in my drained alum cell, i run a blown alky deal anyways... this year..i thought ide just pour a little alky in the tank and drain it, to clean it and thinkin it would dissolve the marvel and it be like a little top lube.. well, after pouring in a little alky, i looked in the cell and the marvel had gelled up into like little balls.. i had to take that shit all back off and clean it out. thanks Uncle Paul but i read this thread a little late .. LOL o well another lesson learned

1 - 5 of 5 Posts