Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so the wife brings home this cat, its only like a year old but this thing is way bigger than a regular cat. i was tiold this thing is gonna be around 25 lb! a google search sorta confirmed it. its a cool ass cat but a house cat will get you off the couch if its pissed, im wondering what a 20 lb plus cat can do. anybody been around these things??

·
Registered
704 Posts
Gentle giants...for the most part. and they live a long time friend of mine had one for 20 years !

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
We have one. great pets

·
This Space For Lease
2,319 Posts
Very easygoing cats... any pics yet?

·
Banned
13,503 Posts
They can get bigger than that too. Cool cats.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have a 3 year old Maine **** named Oliver. Hands down the best cat ever. He has mannerisms like a dog. He follows me around the house, greets me at the door when I come home and he'll even play fetch. Oliver weighs in at 22lbs right now and he can reach the door knobs with his paw. These cats have a ton of personality and super affectionate. Here are a few pics of my butterball.

·
Procharged SBC Enthusiast
5,150 Posts
Main ***** are awsome cats . They are also very intelligent animals. One of the big things is to brush them often as mine has such a long coat that they will be coughing up alot of hair balls if not properly groomed.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Had a friend that had one. Used to bring home birds, rabbits, snakes, squirrels, frogs, you name it. Would play with it's prey for a while until it died and just leave it on the porch. Never ate any of it.

·
Procharged SBC Enthusiast
5,150 Posts
They also make a special food for the cats with larger kibble . There jaws are larger than a normal cat so regular cat food is hard for them to chew . Most likely they will just swallow the food whole. The larger kibble is better for keeping their teeth clean an better digestion.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Had a friend that had one. Used to bring home birds, rabbits, snakes, squirrels, frogs, you name it. Would play with it's prey for a while until it died and just leave it on the porch. Never ate any of it.
Most cats will do this if they are treated right. It's a way to say thank you, I like it here.

·
Registered
869 Posts
We had a female that stayed outside. She was beautiful but in the winter months she was really Pretty. She had the those wicked looking green eyes. I had to put her down last month. Old age and what looked like a snake bite on her paw. My wife tried to treat her for months but it didnt work out. Didnt want to kill her but I sure as hell didnt wanna watch her suffer. I think she was 11 years old.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Mine was 24 lbs at his middle ages, died at 21 years old !!! had him since he was 5 months old !
also had a 150lp rottie (princess) dog and "frisskie" would kick his ass all the time, the dog was mean as hell but would not even go near my Frisskie lol lol

·
Registered
537 Posts
We have a Maine **** named Gizmo. They're great cats. She's a great big ball of fluff compared to our other 5 short haired tabbys, and doesn't get involved in any "cat drama" with the other cats. She's best buddies with Shultzie, who is our 4# Toy Rex rabbit; they're like the odd couple (big and fluffy vs. tiny with short velvety fur).

·
Registered
789 Posts
I had one for 17 yrs, my Best Bud! RIP Boomer. Best cat I ever had. You will enjoy having it around. Mine would fall asleep on the headrest of my lazyboy and slowly roll against the back of your head, imagine a 20# plus cat pushing you out of His chair. lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had one for 17 yrs, my Best Bud! RIP Boomer. Best cat I ever had. You will enjoy having it around. Mine would fall asleep on the headrest of my lazyboy and slowly roll against the back of your head, imagine a 20# plus cat pushing you out of His chair. lol
My Maine **** loves to sleep next to me in bed and slowly push me towards the center of the bed. Sometimes he'll lay his head on my pillow like a human, lol.

·
Registered
789 Posts
My Maine **** loves to sleep next to me in bed and slowly push me towards the center of the bed. Sometimes he'll lay his head on my pillow like a human, lol.
I hear ya about the bed. One of mines fav places to sleep was the top of the fridge where the heat would rise up, then he would swat at ya if you opened the door and let the cold air out. lmao

1 - 20 of 48 Posts