Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thanks for posting your experience, although unfortunate. I may need to buy a rotating assembly soon, and will need to shop around.

·
Registered
14,673 Posts
Just re-did a BigM block that was a mess. Over large spec and the rear cap wasn't round or straight. Front an rear caps were half a thou over large. The finish on the bore looked like a very rough hone, but not finished.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just re-did a BigM block that was a mess. Over large spec and the rear cap wasn't round or straight. Front an rear caps were half a thou over large. The finish on the bore looked like a very rough hone, but not finished.
Thanks for posting your experience, although unfortunate. I may need to buy a rotating assembly soon, and will need to shop around.
i didn’t have much problem with the parts buying part of the transaction. They just failed to follow through with the machine work part of the job. Hopefully the balancing was done to a higher quality, they did leave a bunch of drilling residue in the counterweight balance holes. I feel a lot better knowing the oil clearances are gonna be perfect instead of just ok.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Just as a matter of curiosity, did you capture and weigh the trash just to see? I realise it probably would make no difference to performance regardless

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Just as a matter of curiosity, did you capture and weigh the trash just to see? I realise it probably would make no difference to performance regardless
I did not, it wasn't that bad just not clean. They told me everything would be ready to assemble.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
i didn’t have much problem with the parts buying part of the transaction. They just failed to follow through with the machine work part of the job. Hopefully the balancing was done to a higher quality, they did leave a bunch of drilling residue in the counterweight balance holes. I feel a lot better knowing the oil clearances are gonna be perfect instead of just ok.
How can a final check on the balance job be done with swarf in the holes?

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
weighs so little,, and balancing is a bit of a guess,, in that do you know the weight of the oil the assembly is carrying??

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
How can a final check on the balance job be done with swarf in the holes?
it was nothing that could be captured and weighed but still enough to turn the end of your finger silver and sparkly. Just lazy and unprofessional in my opinion especially when promising “ready to assemble“. I wonder how many people bought their assembled short blocks with sub standard machining and dirty parts.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts