Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone familiar with this? I have found a couple hundred websites. Any input would be appreciated. I have an electric motor I want to load. Max RPM is 60 and 400 lbs-in torque

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I want to know if 400 lbs-in at 60 rpm would work?

I see some brakes rated to 115 at 1800 rpm. Would it be ok to gear it so I multiply speed by 4 and divide torque by four? I don't see why it would be a problem but I would rather know now.

Do you sell them? If not can you recommend someone?

What do you need to know? I deal with all sorts of magnetic brakes and clutches at work.

http://www.warnernet.com/PDF/P1207.PDF

^ Gives a pretty good rundown of function.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
I work for Altra Industrial Motion. We manufacture the brakes and clutches. Warner is just one of our many brand names. The higher the RPM the lower the torque handling capability. Max torque will be achieved in a static state of zero rpm and will decrease with RPM on a curve. How did you arrive at the 400 in/lb load?

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DC Motor 1/14 HP going through a 40:1 gear box. Motor max rpm is 60

I want to load 4 motors at a time. 400 number is a WAG on the high side.

I work
for Altra Industrial Motion. We manufacture the brakes and clutches. Warner is just one of our many brand names. The higher the RPM the lower the torque handling capability. Max torque will be achieved in a static state of zero rpm and will decrease with RPM on a curve. How did you arrive at the 400 in/lb load?

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
If you apply loading at the motor output, you are only looking at a 75 in/lb load at each shaft with a 1/14hp motor at 60rpm. From what I understand you are trying to load the entire system from one brake? Shoot me an email jon.volk at altramotion d0t com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts