Yellow Bullet Forums banner

Magnafuel 500 question

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Split-Bumper 
#1 ·
My fuel cell only has -10 outlets. Magnafuel shows a -12 line between the fuel cell and pump. Would it starve the pump if I only ran a -10 line between the cell and pump. Car is a 67 Firebird with a 496- makes about 800hp. Might put a 200-300 shot of N20 on top of it at some point, using a Y-fitting to feed the carb and the solenoids

#3 ·
The suction hose to that pump needs to be -12. So does the vent. Anything less will starve that pump and lessen its life. Whats the bid deal. Cut off the -10 bung for the suction and weld on a -12. Then get a roll over -12 vent valve and drill a hole and put that in. Make dam sure the return has the right size hose and fittings and goes to the bottom of the tank too. That pump moves a shit load of fuel. It will aerate the fuel bad if you don't put the return to the bottom.

#7 ·

Nice, I didn't want you to hurt that monster.
I'm old, I still use antique Holley's & BG's on all my cars, didn't know it had one.

#8 ·
Might put a 200-300 shot of N20 on top of it at some point, using a Y-fitting to feed the carb and the solenoids
Just noticed this part. Don't use a Y fitting. Put your regulators on a fuel log to give them a little volume of pressurized fuel to take the hit better. Get a triple hole at least. Gives you room for the fittings on the regulators and you can drill and tap a plug in the middle for a gauge. That way you can see log pressure, carb pressure and nitrous pressure in one spot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.