Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a #12 to big of a line for this pump? I was going to run a 12 from tank to filter then 12 to pump then a 12 up to a log in the engine compartment, out of the log 1 regulator to motor and 1 reg. to NOS system. Is a #12 over kill? or run a #10? Thanxs Bill..

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
We run a -12 from the pump to tank and-10 up front to the reg. -6 or -8 to the Carb. Don't forget the by pass.

·
Registered
159 Posts
12 is the size they recommend to the inlet. I run 12 to there pre filter then 12 to pump then 12 to there post filter. Split to 10 to motor 8 to nos log. 8 bypass off pump back to tank. Front tank and pump. Couldn't run there pump-filter comb not enough room.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I thought a #12 would be to much, I 'm going to BBC and on one system and had enough of 10 and 12 line to plum it, I know the pump is more than enough for a 10 line I just didn't know if I should go to a 12 or not or if the pump could handle a #12 line. Also on the return line a #6 good or ?? Thanxs Bill

·
Trevor Stripling
1,527 Posts
-12 in and -10 out is recommened. Put -8 on the return or you will work the pump real hard and possible have too much psi.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Magnafuel web site says (2-12) 12 in 12 out 8 bypass. The bypass has a 8 male end why would using a number 8 (work the pump) isn't the restriction the bypass itself. I wouldn't think the size of the hose would make any difference as long as it's big enough to not make more restriction. If 8 is to big why did they put a number 8 on it. Just like to know the reasoning.

·
Trevor Stripling
1,527 Posts
-12 is the size of the threaded port, you have to buy the size fittings you want to use. I recommend -12 in and -10 out. I said "put -8 on the return or you will work the pump...." Which meant do not put anything smaller than a -8 or you will work the pump.

Trevor

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
we've always run them -12 in, -10 out as others have said with a -8 on the return ..

·
Registered
557 Posts
I tallked to a guy in there tech. dept. about this and he said to run a -12 from the tank to the pump, but not from the pump to the regulator (if the tank is in the back of the car). He said that the -12 would have too much fuel in the line and could be affected by the g-forces on a hard launching car. He said to run a -10 from pump to reg. or you could run a -8 line from the pump to the reg. if the car makes no more than 1000 hp.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
OK if I run a #12 from cell (in trunk) to a #12 filter then into the pump (in trunk) I will run a #10 up into the engine bay to fuel log, 2- regulators, Now off this fuel log I will run a #8 return line to the bypass on the pump? or back to the cell? or do I run the bypass on the pump (#8 )to the cell? Thanxs Bill...

·
Registered
316 Posts
I use -12 from cell to pump. -10 from pump to fuel log. -8 return from pump to cell. I have ran -8 return from regulator to cell with an a100 carb setup. but with the bypass built in the pump I dont really see a need of running it from the engine compartment/regulator all the way back to the cell. Seems like a waste of expensive hose imo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.